This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how do I increase the rpm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 6:31pm
If you have not bored and stroked along with a cam grind then anything you do with increasing RPM's only helps as long as you can maintain those RPM's. I would recommend what DrAllis said and go with the 2000 RPM's to see what happens.

I don't like to cheat and I don't like to be cheated. However I would much rather cheat than be cheated.
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 8:09pm
I like that Dick.  1st rule to motor sports  is have the rule book read thoroughly .
2cnd rule in motor sports is use the rule book on what it specifically says and more on what it doesn't specify  to your advantage.   Harry Hyde nascar legend said always stay in the grey area of the rule book . 

Edited by mlpankey - 20 Jun 2013 at 8:27pm
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 10:54pm
I am pretty sure the rule book says you have to have a governor that works. It does in every one I have seen
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 7:02am
Newcomer. Doesn't understand stock appearance. Let me give a story as a example. We did a dirt track engine in a class. Had to have a spec intake and heads from brodix a flat tappet cam a flat top piston and a specific head gasket. We intentionally ran the fat top piston above deck for a compression advantage. That motor won four saturday features before being protested by Raeford a engine builder from NC. We got torn down Raeford said these pistons are above deck we said show us in the rule book where a dimension is giving. .for piston deck height . We dominated the rest of the season next season the dimensions were in the rule book so piston couldn't come above the deck.

Edited by mlpankey - 24 Jun 2013 at 3:10pm
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 12:33pm
Ohh took you a few days to fabricate that one. What's the matter getting rusty

Edited by blue924.9 - 23 Jun 2013 at 12:33pm
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

A WD45 runs 1700 RPM wide open no-load.....20% over that is 2,040 RPM. A model D17 stock governor spring will get you 2,000 RPM with a PROPERLY ADJUSTED governor. Sounds pretty simple to me. Both tractors use the same governor weights. I don't know how many more times I need to post this info.

High Idle is the typical figure most places I see go by and that would be 1400 rpms.
1680 would be his adjust rating, correct?
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:23pm
High idle/no-load is the typical figure ALL places go by and that is 1700 RPM's high idle/no-load, you sitting in the seat with the throttle clear down as far as it will go. 1700 RPM high idle/no-load is for a WD and WD45. While you're sitting on the seat with the hand throttle lever clear open, when the PTO dyno you are connected to lugs/pulls the engine down to 1400 RPM (while you still have the hand throttle set wide open) they measure the HP/torque of the tractor. 1400 RPM is where the carb butterfly is clear open maximum AND A-C has chosen to measure the performance at. On an A-C this rated speed RPM number is usually(not always) 535 to 540 PTO RPM.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic