This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A few pics from last Saturday night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few pics from last Saturday night
    Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:10am
 The tractor ran great, several modifications really helped.Just had to stir a little on here.... This is the finish end of the track
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
Sponsored Links

cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:14am
  Just thought I would throw up a few pics, the tractor ran great, several modifications since last hook. We won the 3500 and the 4000# 4 mph having to idle. We ran a 6 mph class and still blew the horn. Got to slow it down somehow. I havent figured out the pic resizer yet nor the video but I am trying.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:28am
Forget the photo resizer, looken good!! 

Looks like they either  need a longer track for that AC or quit weighting the sled for JDs, LOL.
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:29am
LMFAO!
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:19am
I take it you're happy with those "modified parts"?
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Forget the photo resizer, looken good!! 

Looks like they either  need a longer track for that AC or quit weighting the sled for JDs, LOL.

Are you forgetting that the man is pulling in Tennessee, land of the biggest bores and longest strokes from Pankey's High Performance Machine.  The sled was set just fine for those tractors.  But I got a hunch that some parts from Wisconsin made it into the tractor.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 3:56pm
looks like removing the hand clutch got you that 10 more feet that it usually does.    Did you get some parts from wis?  after getting wheel adapters idea and clutch removal tips from east tn.    glad i could help with it?

Edited by mlpankey - 18 Jun 2013 at 3:59pm
firephight View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 4:19pm
How come the beer mugs are empty? Lol
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:18pm
To answer questions, yes I am happy with the modified parts. And far as wheel adapters, several designs were considered, but no ones were copied that I know of. This forum has been the backbone to this tractor, lots of valueable info here from all. The hand clutch removal I thought after searching several forums, was commom knowledge. If I have offended anyone I am sorry. I hope to be able to offer good advice here some day. I thought this was why we all shared info here. We are having a good year so far, looking to take a major step this winter by increasing CID's and so forth.  Again thaks to all, when you are learning any information is valueable and appreciated.  
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:58am
Nice work cotn!   You don't have to kiss anyone's ass for the free knowledge gained from a forum. Spunky is just wearing bunched up undies cause others stuff runs when his doesn't. Keep the winning going man!
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 10:24am
Good Job Cotn! Wow, im trying to decide if Pank complemented or insulted you.

Either way, i enjoy seeing pics posted by you and WCClauson. 

The Man
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:51pm
Andy i was complementing him .  I was just referirng to wi posting that a 8 to 9 bolt adapter couldn't be made  he said quote they weren't enough room in bolt spacing .   I was also referring to the posts on here prior on a hand clutch being removed wouldn't give ten more feet as I had posted before and ctn as now experienced. The cam may have been purchased from wi. but we all know it was ground in North Carolina  .  South is where performance comes from it may just leave to return .  

Edited by mlpankey - 19 Jun 2013 at 5:54pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:01pm
Author      [Modern View]
wi50
05-09-2011 13:57:02

I'm not aware of any 8 to 9 bolt adapters. The bolt pattern gets close if you are going to make a set.
From our local implement dealer, they have some 6, 8 and 9 bolt rings available, they cost $30-$35 each. I beleve Burnz ag parts is the supplier of them. They are just a weld in ring, so one could trim out your rim and simply weld the new ring in. The other option would be to buy 2 of each 8 and 9 and weld them togather with a spacer in between, say a 1 1/2 inch space would give you enough room to slip your bolts in to bolt up the the allis axil flange and use nuts behind the 9 bolt ring which wold only widen your tread pattern roughly 4 to 5 inches with the adapters made.

WC or the 6 bolt to 9 bolt pattern adapters are easy, plenty of room to machine a ring with both paterns in it
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Andy i was complementing him .  I was just referirng to wi posting that a 8 to 9 bolt adapter couldn't be made  he said quote they weren't enough room in bolt spacing .   I was also referring to the posts on here prior on a hand clutch being removed wouldn't give ten more feet as I had posted before and ctn as now experienced. The cam may have been purchased from wi. but we all know it was ground in North Carolina  .  South is where performance comes from it may just leave to return .  

And then the idiot goes and posts a quote from me saying that the bolt patterns get close...... taken from a thread someone was looking to buy a set.  Sure a guy can make them, and 2 of the bolts get close.  But I never said that they could not be made now did I.......

It's simple geometry, and I don't even need a turn table to make them, just lay out the X-Y cords and poke some holes, been done, but I just don't have time to make parts for people certain times of the year. 

By the way, I've had a lot of different grinders cut cams.  The absolute best still come from Woodville.

"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:18pm
No where does he say it cant be done. Cant you READ? If you can, do you have any comprehension? 
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 7:17am
"The pattern gets close if you are going to make a set" by wi50

You guys are right about spankey's reading skills. They ate almost as bad as his lying. It's all better than his engine building. Jealous Mitch at his finest again.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

And then the idiot goes and posts a quote from me saying that the bolt patterns get close...... taken from a thread someone was looking to buy a set.  Sure a guy can make them, and 2 of the bolts get close.  But I never said that they could not be made now did I.......

It's simple geometry, and I don't even need a turn table to make them, just lay out the X-Y cords and poke some holes, been done, but I just don't have time to make parts for people certain times of the year. 

By the way, I've had a lot of different grinders cut cams.  The absolute best still come from Woodville.

your not aware of any but you know it can be done . cause daddy pankey showed you it could . To bad you don"t have any friend in the 608 area code.  i wish staples was adertising here . That was easy
Mickel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 3:36am
Looks like they either  need a longer track for that AC or quit weighting the sled for JDs

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 12:45pm
reported ^
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic