This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"UC LP high crop" on ytmag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "UC LP high crop" on ytmag
    Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 10:04pm
saw this on photo ads, looks like a mutant to me, hood/grille sheet metal looks homemade and LP tank looks like an add on, I can't find anything about an LP UC of any kind  http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/photoads/classifieds.cgi?search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=367524&query=retrieval 

Edited by Bill_MN - 22 Jan 2010 at 10:10pm
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
Sponsored Links

Bruce Mn. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Mn. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 10:10pm
must be rare, it looks nothing like any UC I've ever seen.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 10:20pm
Looks like a thompson hicrop conversion. Engine looks o small and that LP tank is like what we have on a WD that was converted back in 1960.
Chris(WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris(WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 10:24pm
The tin looks kinda modern for a UC too. Maybe they mean factory cause its built out of AC parts...Norm Swinford's Allis Chalmers book says that Thompson was furnished with parts to build their tractors up till 1960 which would have been durring the LP era. So I guess its possible it was put together that way new. But not by AC.

Edited by Chris(WA) - 22 Jan 2010 at 10:32pm
Washingtonian by choice, Wisconsin Farmboy by the grace of God!
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 6:39am
That's a Thompson built after the end of the UC era, everything behind the engine is Allis supplied UC parts but has a Detroit Diesel and used simple sheet metal from Thompson. Here's one I saw at the Boonville GOTO in 2006
It was from when they still used the UC gas engine

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 6:58am
I have seen the tractor that is on YT.  I  bought something else from Dennis and looked over all of his stuff.  He has alot of high crops in many different brands.  I have never seen another UC, but this one I believe was a Thompson conversion and although the picture isn't the best, it does look like whoever did it looks like a factory job to me.  Like Joe said, it is probably a Thompson conversion.   It was a very neat looking UC high crop.  I wish I had the time and the space, would be a very rare one indeed.
Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 8:35am
Thompson did build these.the produce with also a D 17 diesel engine and also with Detroit 2 clyinder and 3 clyinder diesel. i also have a lpuc D 17 thompson high crop.

Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 8:41am
Anyone have a picture of the one at the Coming Home GOTO that was tall enough that one could walk under it?

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 9:34am
Dusty, I don't think that was a Thompson and is a WC. Bill Long has a picture of it.

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 10:05am
sounds interesting, no price on it though probably too scary to show
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 10:20am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Dusty, I don't think that was a Thompson and is a WC. Bill Long has a picture of it.

Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 10:24am
Anyone know what it it's intended use was and who built it? Or did someone build it just because?

Dusty

Edited by Dusty MI - 23 Jan 2010 at 10:24am
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 10:29am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

BOY, IT WOULD BE SCARY TRANSPORTING THAT THING!
Dave Everett View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Everett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 2:26pm
That is not a UM engine in that, sump pan is wrong, carb is not a K5 zenith, manifold inlet arms are late WC/WD. Throttle linkage is coming from the front of the motor. On a UM it comes thru the block. That motor is WD or WC, note also the conversion plate between the motor and transmission, a UM motor bolts flush up to the transmission. UM motor also does not use siderails. Also with a carb it cannot be a Detroit............
Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 3:55pm

here is a spray rig that came from LA. it has a uc front and rear wheels with a D 17 Diesel motor and a D15 D transmission and rear end.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic