This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Pump (indust)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cainj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Pump (indust)
    Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 11:19pm
Hope this is a good place to get help for this, if not, can someone point the way?

I do the care taking at an old apartment complex. These pumps (x2) went out. The problem is they just spin, but do not pump.

1. I got lucky finding these diagrams
2. Anyone know where i can get parts for it
3. anyone have an idea if #24 could be the culprit for not working(they spin just find, it would seem the impeller is not working)

I also have the sheet with the names of the indices shown, but mainly concerned with parts availability.

thanks

Edited by cainj - 10 Apr 2013 at 11:22pm
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 11:28pm
A large effluent pump or sump pump , non submersible with pedestal mount. 
What is turning the motor or full pump shaft ?
What brand or name is on the units ? Seems the picture you have doesnt provide the brand name of the units. 
The impeller itself would be the culprit I would look at and if I was replacing these I would look at a fully submersed unit . 
What HP is the motor and what is the head pressure that is needed , need to know that to size the pump. Also if looking for a replacement unit get a brass or cast impeller and not the plastic one in the units . High head or high discharge units are costly but like in Gould pumps you can get a 5 year warranty on them. 
 I installed nothing but Gould for several years and used them on any job that required a high head or large volume discharge.    

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 10 Apr 2013 at 11:30pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
cainj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cainj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

A large effluent pump or sump pump , non submersible with pedestal mount.

sump pump - is what the building calls it,

What is turning the motor or full pump shaft ?

I will say the full shaft is fine. as a matter of fact when you turn it off, it takes forever to finally come to a stop, which leads me to believe it is just free spinning. But the center shaft seems to spin just fine.

What brand or name is on the units ? Seems the picture you have doesnt provide the brand name of the units.

The diagram what the company found, I assume is a generic version of what we have. The building was built in 1964, so good guess, that it when the pumps were installed.

The impeller itself would be the culprit I would look at and if I was replacing these I would look at a fully submersed unit .

#100 is the floor plate, the rest of that is below the surface under water.

this is out of my territory, as I do most the plumbing/electrical and other misc work around the complex. Since I am versed in the net, I told the company we work with that I can do some searching.

From your name, looks like your in MN as am I, if you are in the twin cities would love to chat.  Currently they have one of the pumps with all the info on the stamp. That's how they were able to get a diagram. Now we are running into part problems. We wont remove under the floor til we are sure we can get parts.

Thanks for the quick reply, I will get the rest of the info later today and post it here.

Edited by cainj - 11 Apr 2013 at 8:11am
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 8:30pm
can try State Plumbing Supply in St Paul - they have a lot of things for the industrial side of the market. I got a lot of things from them as far as older things for boilers, pumps, and such used for the heating system on the building I had charge of . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic