This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tires?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mufflerboltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tires?!
    Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 6:06am
what would be a better choice to run, 16.9x28 or 16.9x34? i currently run the 16.9x28s in the 4500-5000 classes cuz thats the largest size permitted for that class, but this year i want to bump up into the new farm stock class that is offered that allows a 229 sq in tire and a 16.9x34 is right at that size. Also it just so happens i know where there is a matching set that is cheap!
Sponsored Links

cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 6:38am
  I put a set of 16.9x34 Firestone 151 full cuts on my WD. To be honest  it kinda scared me. We went to the first pull last Saturday, won the three classes we hooked in. I was impressed. You want all the tire that is allowed, and you can spin.   Check us out on Facebook,   Totally Ballistic Pulling Team 
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
mufflerboltz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mufflerboltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 8:20pm
i seen your build on fb, i friended you guys a while ago. Nice tractor and keep up the good work!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mufflerboltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 9:15pm
well took a 3.5 hour round trip today and bought me a set of old coop 16.9x34 that are on clamp on style dual rims. First thing i did when i got them home was grind the welds on the spacer rings and now im scratching my head trying to figure out how to put centers in them with dismounting the tires? They have a ring welded inside of the rim and i was thinking of taking the factory centers out of a wd or what ever then make some spacer blocks and weld them to the factory centers. After i do that i am planning on welding the centers with the spacer blocks to the ring. Is this something i am able to do without taking the tire off the rim? Also if anyone has ever made a set of wheels out of the style of rim i would be open to advice and opinions!
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 8:54am
  I don't think it can be done without dismounting the tire. Any welding you do would likely rupture the tube.  I have saw rims made out of the WD centers, they worked fine. I may not be following you on the rings. I have done a little welding on a rim with tire mounted but short welds and instant water to cool it. Be sure you get it nice and narrow, my tires run one inch inside the fender mounting holes mounting holes on the cast iorn housing. Seemed it made it more stable.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 9:06am
I'm not sure what you mean by the "ring" you plan to weld to, but be carefull. How much combustable material is in that tire air? I know people who wound up messed up for life because they didn't want to dismount a tire before welding. Some who attempted faired out much worse.

Do yourself a favor and bolt your spacer blocks to the ring or weld a little bit at a time if. It's far enough in away from the rim to get away with welding at all. Dismounting them would make life a little safer and welding, handeling, measureing etc. much easier.

When I moved centers and welded different bolt patterns in my rims for the wd45 I layed things out for a 60" center to center wheel spaceing.

Edited by wi50 - 14 Apr 2013 at 9:09am
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mufflerboltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 11:10am
I will most likely dismount the tires from the rims just have a piece of mind, the only problem is i do not want to wreck the tires in the process considering how old and hard they are. Is a good method of breaking the bead loose? I usually take our bobcat and bucket to break the bead but usually when we do that we are replacing the tires
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic