This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

plumbing pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: plumbing pics
    Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 3:39pm

Few pics of last weeks welding project.  I layed 3 turbos out and built the turbo plumbing.  It took a while to machine the parts out, build the plenum, etc.  Waiting on some supplies from McMaster Carr so I can finish up the mounting to the chassis.  Engine is ready to assemble.   I've got the new Pro Fab transmission mounted and driveline done.  Just makeing shift linkage and wheelie bars now untill the rest of the turbo plumbing supplies come.  Hopefully in another couple weeks it'll all start coming togather.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Sponsored Links

wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 4:05pm
Here's one of the exhaust split I made from some tight radius elbows I trimmed and blended them togather inside,

"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 4:14pm
Sweet.   Tomah here we come! Lol
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 4:47pm
Lookin good WI! Aint no hillbilly fabricating going on in that shop!!  Can't wait for Tomah! Tractors, beer, and dirty sluts, if we are lucky a thunder storm will roll through Saturday night like they always do, Wooo! 

Edit:   Hey, The-Man, check out that shiny new Heston in the shop... I wonder if it will swallow hay like Ol Ms. Elliot did? LOL 

Edited by Ihateillinoisnazis - 26 Mar 2013 at 4:50pm
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 7:00pm
Very nice work ,, i like tractors,beer + dirty sluts too !!
sks72107 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sks72107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 7:07pm
Got 2 questions. What is the thing on the nose of the lower turbo that is orange colored? And is this the only way triples can be plumbed together? For some reason I always pictured 2 smaller turbos feeding the bigger one. I am far from a turbo expert but this looks great. Good work.
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 7:33pm
Nice work Marty. The manifolds and head look nice also.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 9:03pm
Sks,
Picture it like this, the big turbo is on the bottom, large compressor and a huge exhaust housing. Let's just say for simplicity that there's 80psi of pressure in the exhaust manifold and line feeding it. Now once the exhaust goes through the turbo' it's reduced to 30psi of pressure in the much bigger outlet that curves around and splits to feed the 2 top turbos with much smaller exhaust housings, but there's 2 of them. Then exhausted into the air.

The 2 turbos on top gather air and raise it to 30 psi in the plenum (orange box) feeding the larger bottom turbo. The bottom turbo is getting fed with 30psi and compressing it up to 85 psi to go into the intake manifold.

Each housing and compressor wheel can flow so much air, the faster it turns, the more air it flows. The more pressure it's fed, the more air it can flow. But it beats and heats the air in order to do so. Each needs exhaust pressure and a certain volume to drive the compressor. So a certain turbo has a certain range that it can work in. The goal here is to keep the turbo speed down where they live a verry long life, and keep the intake temp dows as far as possiable.

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 9:09pm
I just wet myself.
AaronSEIA
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 9:23pm
Nazi hater,

If the new MF bailer is half as good as ol ms elliot, the Hesston, its money well spent. You could cram it down her throat all day and she would never choke...

You gotta love a girl that works for a living..

Keep up the nice work WI!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 9:58pm
WOWEE WI!! You do turn out some nice stuff! I could spend days just hanging out in the shop watching. Thanks for the show n tell.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 10:11pm
That's awesome what are the turbos. You use, what's the block. Looks fun
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic