This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

snow blower on a 190 gas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r chancellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: snow blower on a 190 gas
    Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 7:57pm

Does anyone have a snow blower on a 190 ?  I was wondering how it handles the blower and what size of blower has been used.

Sponsored Links

Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 7:59pm
I know I seen someone had pics of one on here before, it had just neen painted and had a Year A Round cab on it.  I'm sure they would handle a snowblower fine.
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 8:39pm
We've run an eight foot New Idea on a One-Ninety gas for years. It works the tractor in deep or heavy snow, but gets the job done. I'm sure an XT would be a better choice for an eight foot though.
Oldoug View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 8:45pm
Great looking One-Ninety there Jim!!!
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 8:54pm
We used our 7 foot Schweiss on the  D17 Series IV when I was growing up back in the 80's.  Used the hand clutch a LOT but it worked good.   Now I put it now on my One-Eighty.  Haven't got it out this year and didn't have much snow to push it last year.  Should work much better with new rear 18.4X30's instead of worn 16.9X28's.  Mike

Edited by Skyhighballoon(MO) - 17 Jan 2010 at 8:55pm
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by JimWenigOH JimWenigOH wrote:

We've run an eight foot New Idea on a One-Ninety gas for years. It works the tractor in deep or heavy snow, but gets the job done. I'm sure an XT would be a better choice for an eight foot though.
Is that one of the ones it takes three people to hook up, one to run the tractor and another standing around trying to figure out what the heck your trying to do?

Edited by AC WD45 - 17 Jan 2010 at 9:01pm
gary ny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:21pm
I have a good size one on a 45 and it handles it just fine I would thing the 190 wood be a dream to run it with
Joe(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:25pm
What all do you have going on with that 45?  We need more info about the cab, extended frame and most importantly, whats with the extra gas tank?
 Joe 
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:27pm
Tractor has been reveresed, correct?
Denis in MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis in MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:29pm
I don't think the tank is extra just not in the original place
1938 B, 1945 B, 1941 IB, 1949 C, 2 1938 WCs, 3 1950 WDs, 1951 WD, 2 1955 WD45, 1957 D-14
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:33pm
Speaking of snowblowers, could we get Eldon to repost pics of that front mounted snowblower on the 170?  That was a slick setup.
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:33pm
I run a 7 foot McKee on my 6060 which is 64 HP and she handles it fine.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
gary ny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 12:26am
Thats not an extra tank,There is a smaller tank that is now working in front of the cab and the one on the front hasbeen removed.The fram extentions where put on it to mount weight on I beleive.This was built by the frost family a few miles from my home.they did a pretty good job on it ,it is reversed has an extra hydrolic pump running off the front pully which powers the shoot angles.I hope to go through it one off these summers and redo the cab and make it look a little nicer but it is a great snow mover .it sometimes take 8 hands to run it but it kinda fun to operate
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 1:26am
Here are some pics of my wife's great uncle's setup. The blower is 6' with sheet metal wings on the sides to pull in another foot.  He told me that he has had to use the pd in first gear before.....I think he is over 90 now, still living on the farm and still using it.

ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Creek Jenkins View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:53am
I've got a 7 foot Lorenz on my D17 Series I and it works fine.  Like Mike says if the there is a lot of snow you have to use the hand clutch a lot.
This blower was actually made for a 40hp max tractor - I couldn't finger out why they would limit it to 40hp until finally it dawned on me - it's the drive angle.  I have to run the shoes all the way down or the pto shaft angle is too steep and it shears the shear bolts.  I'm going to make a longer cutting edge to help take care of that.
cheers,
Creek
r chancellor View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r chancellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 2:38pm
Do slip the clutch or the power director when it gets deep. My neighbor thought they used to move the power director but is has been many years ago.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 5:50pm
When the One-Ninety gets to bogging down I raise the machine just enough to keep the rpm's up and still keep the tractor moving.  Then I pull forward and hit it again at ground level. A slower reverse speed would help a lot. With the starter front weight only the front end was light so I loaded the front tires and that cured it.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 5:55pm
AC WD45,    No, I can have it hooked up and operational in under 5 minutes. One hydraulic lever to raise or lower the machine and a second lever to rotate the chute.  Pretty simple.

Edited by JimWenigOH - 20 Jan 2010 at 5:57pm
archangel_cpj View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archangel_cpj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:29pm
Anyone know of a 7 - 8 foot blower in the Ohio area Im lookin to get one when my taxes are done this year Im puttin it on the 7040 and then putting a blade (meyers ) up front I have a 12oo pluss foot long drive goes through a field and can drift blade works well but if we get a bit of drifting I run outta places to put the snow Also anyone ever used an arps blower its a wierd lookin set up but theres one in NY on ebay for 100 bucks no 3pt arms but thats why I have a shop...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:34pm
Anderson Tractor Supply in Bluffton had one or two used blowers in their lot last week.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic