This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Input needed on 6500/7000 lbs. Special farm class.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AS185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Input needed on 6500/7000 lbs. Special farm class.
    Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 12:44pm
I'm putting together some rules for a class, Input needed. 6500 or 7000lbs. This is what i came up with so far. 310c.i. max, stock block and head. 2.3" charger max. No P-pumps. Diesel only, no alcohol or gas tractors. Water inj. Ok. Intercooler ok. No component tractor. Air shut off. Deadmans throttle. Wheelie bars. This will be for a class in wisconsin. An affordable 301 Allis class. This would seem to be a class for Allis 301, Fords 7600, there are alot of good running fords around here. I don't know the cubes on a JD 3020 diesel. or the IH 460/560. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 1:05pm
RPM limit, roll cage or not, blankets/side shields, tire size.  Just a few I can think of.  Sounds like a nice starter class.
AaronSEIA
AS185 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AS185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 2:11pm
Thanks Aaron. The few classes we have around here you would need a blanket, side shields, and cage if it's open r.p.m. I was thinking of 4500rpmgood limit?
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 2:41pm
The "off the farm" type classes around here tend to be 3,000 rpm limit, 18.4 rubber, no cage.  East Central Iowa has a nice set of rules.  http://www.ecitpa.net/pages/2012-Rules.html  The hot farm class rules are the ones I'm thinking of.  Twin States is another one that has a nice set of rules.  http://www.tspapulling.com/uploads/Rules_12_draft.pdf

AaronSEIA
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 4:48pm
RPMs up to 3000. I would not let then go over that.
Fields View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 7:08pm
Thats good. There is a local class like that. Only two 190 allis tractors in it. Post some dates I'll let them know about it.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 9:57pm
Why no gas tractors? Better have a steel flywheel. If a plunger sticks the govenor is out of the picture. No limet on the RPMs it will turn. MACK
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 5:46am
After that accident that happened last week, every tractor should have flywheel protection, 1/4 steel over the top and the sides is all it takes
AS185 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AS185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 6:32am
Doug, what happened a flywheel came apart?
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 10:02am
A young puller from Ohio (I think) was working on a tractor when the rack stuck and off she went.  Flywheel exploded from what I understand.
AaronSEIA
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:31pm
Adam Buehl, i believe, details are on Pulloff
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 4:26pm

My two cents are that if you are going to have a 310 C.I. maximum and diesel only,  you have limited your possibilities of how many tractors could be in the class. You may want to consider a larger C.I. limit on the diesels, or add in gas tractors somehow, or do both to have a class with a larger amount of entries.

As far as pump limits, it seems to me you have three choices:

1 – Stock pumps. a disadvantage to the AC’s and some of the others who are stuck with a Roosa Master while red and green tractors get something better.

2 - No P pumps: To say everything is OK but P series pumps  just leads to some very expensive A series pumps that will produce almost as much as a P pump. If you try to limit the size of an A series pump you have just made a nightmare for the tech officials as far as policing the rule goes.

3 – P series pump (or less) rule which gives everyone the same opportunity and, in most cases is less costly in the long run. This allows any pump other than a Sigma or a billet pump to be used so it's the owners choice. The best choice of the three in my opinion.

I think the 2.3 inlet turbo rule is a good one. There are many different brands of reliable, affordable turbo’s in that size range. !8.4 X 38 tire is a good one also. Yes steel flywheels and clutch components are a must. 3000 RPM would probably draw more entries as well.

All in all I think you are on to something. Do your research and ask other organizations how there rules are working before you set your rules in stone. Better to get it right the first time, then to have to adjust them every year.

Good Luck.

Good luck.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 24 Mar 2013 at 10:38pm
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 9:38pm
Steel flywheels don't cost that much today. In some cases a automotive steel flywheel can be adapted at a low cost. Also a steel pressure plate is inexpensive.
  People spend more on a good pump than a steel flywheel would cost.  MACK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic