This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Allis Forklift Worth Selling?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Allis Forklift Worth Selling?
    Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:55am
More of my father's estate ... I have an Allis 700-G forklift that my dad tore down, intending to get it back in running condition ... It has been sitting for years ... I don't know if there is a market for it to be parted out or if I just need to sell it as scrap ... I don't currently have a photo available, but the engine has been removed
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 9:12am
I googled a picture of one(Allis 700-G forklift ) and it appears to be bigger but similar to mine.Sadly unless it was 'up and running', I think the market to sell 'asis' is very small.If you have zero use for it,probably selling for scrap is your best option.Be sure to find out the weight first! Having someone else come in ,giving you cash is fairly easy but might be better if you have time to advertise,say on Craigslist, or other local,free media.
I know I wouldn't sell mine(OK ,a stack on Benjimens....) but mine runs. A  DOA forklift is kinda hard to sell.Hmm...contact the local forklift repair shop ?
hth
jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
smithart View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 9:18am
Thanks, Jay ... I appreciate the information ... It was a great machine when it was in use ... My dad had a hardwood lumber mill and this forklift moved a lot of timber ... I hate to see it scrapped, but I also hate to see it just sit there and deteriorate further
smithart View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 9:46am
The picture on the front of this manual closely resembles this forklift (when complete)
ac45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 3:04pm
 What was the matter with it?  a good one is worth 4 to 5 K, they are really handy to have, lots of farmers are using them to handle bulk seed and chemical totes, I wouldnt scrap it, it is something that can actually be more usefull than a lot of the fence row tractors on here that guys are trying to save

Edited by ac45 - 27 Feb 2013 at 3:07pm
marion View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 6:30pm
I might be interested depending on how much tore down it currently is and if it is inside
I am currently shopping for a rough terrain lift and wouldn't mind going thru the engine in one if all the peices are there. call me if you are interested.  501-288-4489 marion
smithart View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 8:19pm
Marion,
I'll get some pictures next time I'm up and post them here ... It will be a few days
Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 6:56am
I am also interested.
I sent a PM
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
smithart View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 9:45pm
Guys,

Sorry I haven't been able to get the pictures up yet ... I had to go out of town for work and haven't made it to the farm ... I'll get them as soon as I get a day off

Thanks, Chris
Herb(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 9:42am
Chris, when you post photos suggest you post them in "Classified" section of this forum.   That section has triple the participation/exposure, and you already have exposure in this "Construction" section. Also suggest you check local salvage yards as to how much $/LONG ton, etc.  (don't like that LONG ton gimmick, but it is the buyers option and maybe the industry standard).  Rough terrain AC lifts are not that plentiful, expect you will do much better than scrap value; and it won't go to China. Herb(GA) 
rlee View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 7:48pm
Do you still have the 700 forklift?    Thank you    Roger Lee
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 8:51pm
Yes it is worth saving too bad its so far away from me.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 9:28pm
My 621 is one of the best machines I have on the farm.  Paid $2,500 for it but it didn't need much work to make it usable.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
grinder220 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grinder220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 6:56am
He hasn't been on here since July of 2013

Edited by grinder220 - 27 Jan 2018 at 6:57am
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 10:16am
Almost looks like the same platform as a AC 715 TLB - industrial tractor platform 
Image result for Allis 700-G forklift
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 12:13pm
Now we will wonder what happened to him and the forklift.  Hopefully both are fine.

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 10:17pm
}I see there is a 700 propane for sale in the Feb 14, Big Iron sale in NE, current bid, $1300.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic