This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

crazy tractor pull

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangePowerFranzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: crazy tractor pull
    Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 5:41pm
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7gKbk0jyyM]

farmall 1206 breaks in half after pulling, must watch video.
Sponsored Links

OrangePowerFranzen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangePowerFranzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 5:43pm
not sure howto create a hyperlink, if someone knows that sure help out
Warren(Oh) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren(Oh) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:01pm
Just copy and paste the address from the top line on your screen or, in Youtube, click Share and a highlighted line will appear, right click and Copy it and then just right click and Paste it to this box.
Andrew(southernIL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 7:48pm
Ouch
If fishing is a sport your looking at an athlete
Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 6:39pm
thats been on here before...no steel flywheel no frame ties no explosion blanket, lost of power and rpm...guy was askin for trouble
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
ACFarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 8:08pm
The engine ran away, thats what caused that. Not so much the rpm's that he was running.
Making A living everyday farming with and working on Allis Equipment
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 9:49am
It didn't help the idiot smoked the clutch trying to repeatedly launch the tractor! Too much heat, and a stuck plunger & barrel in the pump....POW! Lots of junk!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 11:02am
I've been to the pull in Tulare a few times about 5 to 6 years back.  Lets just say they are a little behind in pulling once you cross the mountain range.

You can see the plunger stick about the time the clutch gets locked up comeing off the line..... I don't think it was supposed to run that many RPM's from the get go.  A good sled operator would have been waiting with the the air shutoff in hand.  A good driver would have been waveing his hands or dumping the fuel.... though a really good driver would have not made a 2nd attempt.

I was standing near the starting line here one night when a single turbo diesel stuck the plunger, the air shutoff was not on the tractor.  Supposed to be...... but in a hurry it got skipped.  The fuel dump slowed it down,  I pulled my shirt off quick and stuffed in the charger and a friend found a wrench and got the fuel lines busted loose.  I couldn't beleve how hard I had wadded my shirt and how hard I was trying to seal up the air inlet, at least I had it plugged so the engine was near idle.  But it was getting enough fuel to run, no way to shut it off and no way to kill it with a slipper clutch.

I don't mind going through tech inspection every hook from a sanctioning association with a set of rules.   NTPA and WTPA do not let things slide.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 12:16pm
Ya, that's the other problem with this 1206. He spent time to put on a P pump, but I don't think there was any safety shutoffs on it. You can hear when the plunger sticks about 100' out or so, it starts sputtering. That point everyone should have known there was a stuck rack in the pump, and it was running away! Sad part is it was almost shut down at end went under charger, then he clutched it and up it went!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic