This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gordyville 6400 lb class Aunt Allis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gordyville 6400 lb class Aunt Allis
    Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 3:32am
I seen where Aunt Allis took 4 th in the 6400 lb class, , the top 8 are going to the finals --hope that tractor + driver sees the 1 place spot!
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 6:36pm
I am not familiar with the pulls there.  What is the tractor and what division is it?
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 7:23pm
Aunt Allis is a 200 AC - P- pumped and twin turbo, , i think, 6400 limited light super stock class, very good looking smooth runnin machine ,
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 7:24pm
Gutless Generals also kickin butt in a heavier class
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 8:09pm
3 year old video of Aunt Allis

Gary

allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 8:12pm
Aunt Allis is a good tractor, I don't know the guy who owns it but he lives about 20 minutes from me I imagine. I have seen him pull before. Go Aunt Allis!
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 10:50pm
Well the Allis ran fine but a 4 cyl Minne ran a lil better.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 4:06am
Yup it did! Thats pullin
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:05am
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

Well the Allis ran fine but a 4 cyl Minne ran a lil better.
yes, that "well built" 5 star did run very good!Wink
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 9:52pm

4 cylinder kicks butt in the class.....LOL  !!!!

IG

Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:18pm
We got home. What a riot, I had fun at the pull and more fun later. I wish I would have had more time Saturday afternoon to talk but was busy.

There's a video of the 4 cyl in Gordyville on youtube. Search for Spiegelberg Rattitude and you'll find it. I'm not smart enough to post a link.

I wish I could say more about a pet rat project but I'm sworn to secrecy. I can't rember if I used top secrete machining....or topfuel machining? Purosity or porosity welding rod but it was purely awesome whatever rod I used. There's a reason that motor sounds different and makes that kind of torque.

Edited by wi50 - 06 Jan 2013 at 11:59pm
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 10:31am
You mean to tell me a 4 banger won in a tough class of 6 cyl's?  Those other pullers must have been listening to pankey propaganda if they let a 4 banger out of weegieland win.  So much for quench motors, high rod ratios and counterweighted cranks being bad for engine performance.
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 11:42am
Rattitude

I'd say she ran real well, it was a tough class.

Great show too!
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 12:38pm
So what class is this Orange?
[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=vRS8YG5Osgs&feature=endscreen[/TUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=vRS8YG5Osgs&feature=endscreen

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 07 Jan 2013 at 12:40pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 2:07pm
So wi when you going to learn how to build a allis. For the allis pulling forun?
unstylish_ View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstylish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 2:16pm
Pank you shoulda showed...Wi50 and RodB were a blast to go to a pull with.

Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

So wi when you going to learn how to build a allis. For the allis pulling forun?

Aren't you the same mlpankey that's been spankin himself anytime wi shows his Allis's?  Or other peoples Allis projects?   Looks like wi taught you how to build your 7" stroke wet dream.

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

So what class is this Orange?
[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=vRS8YG5Osgs&feature=endscreen[/TUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=vRS8YG5Osgs&feature=endscreen
thats an IH. lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
WildBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 10:14pm
Now that there was funny . !
Allis fan for life !   B,C,2-WC'S,WD45G,D19G,190xt ,LLSS 8010, terra tiger refurbished
Hudsonator View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudsonator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 10:49pm
Dang, when cubic inches count - Molines rule.

Add a compression device, they rule bigtime huh?  Very cool tractor, hats off to the engineers responsible.
There isn't much a WC can't do.

WD's just do it better.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 7:34am
That class is called Light Limeted Super Stock. Limeted means 370 cubic inches on alcohol with a 3" inlet turbo, 4" exhaust. Diesels can be 310 inch twin turbo or 410 inches with a single turbo.

So the Minne has no advantage. It's dis advantaged.........the diesels usually win on short tracks like Gordyville. The track there is brutal.

That 5 Star was built as a bit of an afterthought. They run a White also, bought a used Minne engine to get by while the 5.9 Cummins was getting worked on. The 4 cyl siamesed port engine was ok but was never going to be dominant by any means because of it's design.

I'd love to share some more but I can't say much more than airflow means everything. I did a bunch of induction work, people tend to overlook some of the most important details in engine performance. Some things matter and some things don't. Some people are alwayse worried about maximum HP. Others worry about trying to make the most "power under the curve".
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudsonator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 7:50am
Lots of different (and remarkably easy) ways to come up with 370 or 410 inches in a Minnie - which is why I love 'em.  Bunches of different heads too.

As best as I can tell, no single tractor dominates anymore with the rules as they are up at that level.  Which, I can see as a good thing.  A poor orphan like that Moline can still have its day on occasion - as well as the Allis.

Airflow is everything?  Yep.  Working with flatheads for the last decade, one learns the art of "managed" airflow.

Anyhow, very nice work Wi50 - I'm impressed.  I'd like to collaborate with you on my own "Drunken Allis" projets coming up.  NO pulling, building tough edgy, alky burners for the farm.  I'm into endurance these days.  LOL

WD's just do it better.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 11:21am

That class is called Light Limeted Super Stock. Limeted means 370 cubic inches on alcohol with a 3" inlet turbo, 4" exhaust. Diesels can be 310 inch twin turbo or 410 inches with a single turbo.

So the Minne has no advantage. It's dis advantaged.........

Dis-advantaged?  Sure it isLOL

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudsonator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

So the Minne has no advantage. It's dis advantaged.........

Dis-advantaged?  Sure it isLOL

Yeah, Huh - that's what I thought!  Reckon they actually check the cubes on those things?  Newp, too shocked something like that actually won.

I pulled a mag-fired, hand cranked WC for 20 years - nobody ever checked my cubes or compression - but the rules said...!  LOL  Sometimes there's a benefit to at least "appearing" obsolete and archaic.

WD's just do it better.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

So pank, when you actually going to build a tractor that makes it further then 150ft ?

I was at Wi shop couple weeks ago, brought him some parts for one of my own, and he had a couple other projects (Allis) in there as well. So id say he builds orange as well pank.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 4:51pm

why want you just buy his its in the classifieds. recon the barn will stand if it comes out of it .

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 5:08pm
Once again im not surprised, a 3 year old can answer questions better and have better come backs then you.

Why do I need to by it? Mine is already a proven winner, maybe you should though, then you'll have a chance to win....

He's not working on 226 parts. Im moving on to bigger and better things.

Edited by Carl(NWWI) - 08 Jan 2013 at 5:16pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 5:14pm
let us know when he gets yours finished for ya.  tic tock does the clock have a date and year?

Edited by mlpankey - 08 Jan 2013 at 5:15pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 5:21pm
Don't worry commando, ill have vids of it this summer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic