This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screw pontoon machines - old or new

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screw pontoon machines - old or new
    Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 12:31pm
Some old ideas brought back and tried again. 
[TUBE]H5NsmZcLAdM[/TUBE]

Then ZIL tried it 
[TUBE]djrqktlYQ0k&NR=1[/TUBE]

Go back to 1924 or so as a snow machine
[TUBE]nVzj3_MUBjE[/TUBE]
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 12:58pm
That would be neat to have in the shed. I wonder if any of the original ones exist?
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 1:17pm
I believe there are 1 or 2 of the old ford, or fordson tractor conversions, out there, seen a show picture, with one restored, somewhere.
James Coons View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Coons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 1:27pm
I saw this machine at the Heidrick Ag Center in northern CA. Would be interesting to drive!

MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 1:35pm
Very cool. Thanks for posting the pics.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 3:26pm
wounder if there are any plans out there
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
dannyraddatz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyraddatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 6:30pm
I bet OSHA would have been all over this model today! LOL
Danny Raddatz
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 11:55pm
curious that this didn't catch on. I see many advantages over a track machine, including being a watercraft. The major disadvantage would be a track machine can run on hard dry surfaces with less damage to the machine.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 12:34pm
I thought the same thing! How versatile it would be. Problem would be transporting it from play ground to play ground. It would be hard to trail with the average vehicle. It would be a hoot to drive though.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic