This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shuttle question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis(NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shuttle question?
    Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 3:47pm
I asked this on the farm side also...

I can't say or maybe remember ever driving a D or hundred series with a shuttle clutch instead of a power director, but had always assumed you push the lever forward to go forward and pull it back to go backwards is that correct? The reason I ask is I recently purchased a D15 backhoe that has the shuttle and it is oposite of what I was thinking as in you pull the stick back to go forward and push ahead to go reverse??? Was somebody in the rear end and put the ring gear on the wrong side of the pinion or what do you guys/gals think?
Sponsored Links

D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 4:20pm
I'd say you are correct about the rear end. The early all terrain fork lifts were based off the ind. D-15 chassis and all you had to do to reverse the main direction was to swap the ring gear carrier around and reshim it. Not hard to do at all. 
Yea, I can fix that.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic