This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hyd question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hyd question
    Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 7:13am
I picked up a backhoe attachment and now have it mounted but am wondering how to hook up the hoses. The controll valve body has no markings (in or out - p or t) the question is how will I tell if I get it backwards? BTW it's a IH hoe about 14' in size from about the 70's.  Yesterday I tryed it and have no presure/force on the croud cyl. Also it feels like I could kill the motor by holding the other levers and bottom the cyliders but I was only running the motor at a idle.  On this one there is a seperate small line to the swing control valve , I used a proportioning valve to channel a small amount of oil to it and that function seems to work ok. Any ideas Coke? or anyone else?
Sponsored Links

Lee (MN) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 6:26pm
   If you have it backwards, assuming your valve has a relief, you will most likely snub the engine as it will have no relief.  Post a picture of the valve.  the inlet port would be closest to the relief valve.

HTH, Lee
B212
Willy's Jeeps
Gleaner K
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 6:45pm
Would say to trace the hoses back to valve body and see which way the stack is arranged . the in and out - out should be last valve and I would say left side of valves when looking down from operators station . relief valve should be last valve on that side and return side. 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 7:14pm
Coke I think you are right!! That is where I hooked the return line , everything works except the croud function so just to experiment I switched the hoses and then nothing hapens except the swing still works but it has a seperate smaller line to that valve.  Lee you are also somewhat right as looking at my wood splitter the inlet is closest to the relief valve. but evidently not so on this one.  When the weather warms a little I will add more oil to the tank and try again, it may be low as there is foaming of the oil. the tank is a homemade setup done by someone else with no way to check the oil level.  thanks for the help.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:34pm
Ya hooo!! today I got it to work . the problem with the crowd cyld valve was the reilef adjustment on that valve was backed out, I took it apart thinking there might be something in it but found it was turned out about 1/4 in.  After reassembling I dug a couple of holes and it works great now.  The wife said "make sure you keep it out of the backyard!!"
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 7:06pm
You'll be having fun now, I sure love playing with my hoe. I must have dug out close to 40 stumps this summer with mine. Post some pics if you get a chance.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 4:27pm
I fitted a New Holland compact backhoe onto my D17... from a physical size perspective, it'd've been better suited to the Allis B, but the D17 does pretty good. Doesn't dig as deep, or reach as far as I'd like, but it sure digs faster than I can with a shovel!!!

Backhoes and end loaders mean construction, which means plate compactors, concrete mixers, and other wonderful tools, so beware!
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic