This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wheel Weight Mounting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wheel Weight Mounting
    Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 8:56am
I generally pull in the stock class which typically states that only factory weights can be used (No suitcase)

Any ideas on how to quickly mount them for different classes? I use threaded rods now but need a better way to do it as I only have a short amount of time 
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 9:02am
just hang them on like suitcase weights unless rules state that they have to be mounted to the wheels. if it does make and attach a round drum to wheel so weight just slip over .

Edited by mlpankey - 24 Sep 2012 at 9:05am
D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 11:04pm
You can use the threaded rod and bolt through the first weight to keep the rods straight, then use a piece of square tubing about 3" long that will just slip over the rod and weld a 3/8" nut on one side. Screw in a blot with an "L" handle on it for quick release. Slide on your weights, slide on the 2 locking tubes and tighten down. 
Yea, I can fix that.....
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 8:23pm
Charlie, what type of weights are you using?   I have the WD/WD45 weights and what I did was use the two different sets of bolt holes.   I bolt the first one on, and then have bolts hanging out of the other set of holes for the next weight to bolt onto.   I have the bolts drilled through the center so that I can put a hairpin cotter key to hold the bolts in the slots just right.   then I put the next weight on, and put the two nuts on.  Before I tighten it all the way up, I take the hairpin cotter keys out to use on the next set of bolts.   It's not the perfect way to do it, but I used the ready rods technique but the threads kept getting all burred up from taking the weights on and off. 
1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic