This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oats and straw harvest pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oats and straw harvest pics
    Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:31pm
This weather has had its ups and downs.  It was sure nice to harvest oats and straw in two days and didnt have to worry about the crop being too wet! 

The oats did ok considering.  It yielded about 75 bu/acre but had a light test weight in spots of light soil.  The crop was so dry I had the fan turned down all of the way to prevent from blowing it out the shoe.  I only had time to get the 72 out of the shed this year.  My friend Bruce came over and ran the combine for me. 

Love how an All-Cropped field looks.

When we were farming full time we chopped all of the hay and straw and blew it into the haymow of the barn.  We still do this for straw as it makes nice bedding for the steer calves we get on the farm.  I used the old A-C chopper again.  This machine has filled up the barn many many times.  I actually gave up the use of the camera and let my cousin Matt shoot some pictures of me running the chopper.

Sponsored Links

MikeinLcoMo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeinLcoMo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 4:49pm
Great pixs! Real nice looking country you've got up there. Brings back memories of the part of Indiana I grew up and looks alot like this part of Missouri here.
REEDE View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REEDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 7:17pm
You got some mighty fine pictures there Jim.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 7:33pm
Hey, thanks for posting the pictures. What you are doing there looks like way too much fun to even call it work
Lars(wisc) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wisc) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 8:05pm
we tried chopping straw a couple different times, just way too dusty! we had dust on everything for weeks after. it also seemed that we got more acres of straw into the barn if it was baled, and the stack of bales lasted longer than the pile of chopped straw
Oldoug View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 8:16pm
Great pics Jim.  Great to see all that ALLIS-CHALMERS equipment still going!!!
Matt Folkers

FOLKERS RESTORATION

Restoring vintage things to last so the future can enjoy our past.
Randy_Larson View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_Larson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 10:33pm
Jim, it sure is neat to see Allis-Chalmers at work. Everything is sure in nice shape!
G,D10,D12,D14,D15,D17gas,D17 diesel,D19 Diesel, D21 Series II,160,190, B1,Bumble Bee 10,B1,HB 212,ACC 30 forklift and snap-coupler equipment
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 10:57pm
Jim,
Thanks for sharing the photos they are GREAT! You sure have a lot of AC equipment and you USE it!
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 8:21am
Jim

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I hope I can put you to work in WA state during our show !!! Thumbs Up

Take care, Darryl
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 10:15pm
Jim:
THanks so much for the pix.  Looks like you have well kept up - use it daily - AC equipment.
Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 3:17am
Very nice to see the pictures and how you work with the equipment.
---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 6:49am
Enjoy seeing the Orange in action -- thanks for sharing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic