This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XT's done

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XT's done
    Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 7:51pm
and no I really don't want another project for a while. My axel seal came in a couple days ago, so I had installed that and put brakes back together from the housing and seal on out. Today Ian came down with the hoe and I installed rear wheel, then the rear pto housing. Topped with all new fluids and test drove really nice. Nothing like riding around on new bearings lol. Time for a wax job, then put her away. If we don't get rain there will be no more haying. 35 days and not a drop. C'mon rain! Thanks for all y'alls help! Dana
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 7:59pm
Good newsClap Hope we get some rain and then we can send some to youLOL We had some pretty good looking showers coming toward us this afternoon but they just disappeared about 40 miles North West of here. We did have a few tenths Thursday and Friday but you wouldn't know it to look at the ground, crops or lawns around hereUnhappy
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 8:08pm
Right on Dana, glad you got it done, Trev.
CAdon View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 9:06pm
now we all know he's just kidding.  but now that he's done everything possible to do with the rear axle, can somebody drop him off an XT with some transmission problems so he can continue his progress up to the front end, removing and replacing every bolt on an XT?
we'd hate to have captain dana sitting around with idle hands, wouldn't we?

(nicely done, sir... and thanks again for posting pix & narrative of your progress.  much enjoyed, much learned.)
52 CA, 41 B and a little B1    oh, yeah... and an 8N ford snuck in there, too.

captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 4:53am
It's always challenging, but after r&r ing all I have done, if I had to do another similar job I could cut the time drastically. Oh I aint done with her...I am going to rebuild the brakes [piece of cake]and bushings in her rebuilt seat are going to be replaced with bearings. It's just I'd rather not work out in the sun on her anymore with the thermo pointing at 105 like yesterday! lol And it was wicked humid too.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 6:38am
Captain I've really enjoyed following your progress on the xt. 
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 6:42am
Good job captain!! Thankyou for all the pictures and updates, now you can stand by to assist someone else with the same problem.
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 9:05am
Isnt that the way it is, having done it once, time is cut in half next time. And, a good way to get in shape...Trev.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 10:08am
Captain my shop is air conditioned and heated if needed.  Memphis has a nice airport.  My wife is a good cook.  We have room.

Can I put you down for a week in October or November?  I have a WD45 that's waiting for some TLC.Approve
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 11:48am
Was wondering how you were coming along --GOOD JOB! You are an inspiration for those of us that are sometimes chicken to tear into a project like that.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 1:38pm
Hey guys I'm just a simple ol' country hayseed. I drove the XT around on some hills and retorqued wheel bolts and rechecked everything. Looks good. I then cleaned up all the oil spatter from the right side which had come from the timing gear gasked being bad from me taking it apart last month. Last week I drained coolant again and installed new timing gear gasket. So with the spatter cleaned up I polished her some and parked her in the Durango's garage. She can reside there 'till we sell some hay. Then she has to get new tires and radio. Oh and I'm doing all new pads for the brakes yet this year. It sprinkled some today, first drops in 35 days; so if this dry pattern breaks maybe we can do some second cutting!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 1:57pm
maybe you could start a new sideline.....CLOUD SEEDING!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 6:41pm
Xt 'Growlin' Kitty' has taken over the Durango's home! lol

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 6:47pm
Looks like a good spot for the 190.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic