This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XT Releif!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XT Releif!
    Posted: 30 May 2012 at 1:36pm
I am done working on the Growlin' Kitty, 3055 hour 1970 190XT. It starts instantly now, has no smoke purrs like a kitten or growls like a Lion. A very special thank you to our hero Dr. Allis. I drained the coolant and 6am found me tearing off lower rad hose and timing gear inspection cover. The pump was looked at yesterday and the rebuilder said it was good to go. I had cyl#1 near TDC and moved flywheel pulley to 26*BTDC. I held the pump and looked inside at the dot and socket. It was 180* off and as the Dr said maybe off one tooth. I pulled the timing gear out after marking it with a majic marker and spun it 180*, then slid the pump on. Once on the timing mark was again too far down in the window. Pulled pump back a little and finagled the gear out and hopped a tooth clockwise as Dr Allis said and reinstalled. Perfect! Tightened pump and resealed and reinstalled accessory cover. Reinstalled pressure lines, fuel lines, etc and cracked fittings on top. Hit the key and she started to try and run with fuel leaking out of the injector lines. Tightened them and hit the key and...it started at idle and runs effortlessly! OMG!! I ran it to temp, shut down and reset valves to 15 hot. Reinstalled everything and went for a ride. No leaks, tinwork on and here ya go...done? Done!

Sponsored Links

DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 2:48pm
Whew! Capn, i'm so glad to hear you got er growlin again. Diesels, timing, and any combination thereof test my religion(and I usually fail! LOL!)
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 4:01pm
Wow. that was a project. I think I could see the smile on your face clear out here in ND when she took off purring. Darrel
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 4:15pm
What would you , I and the rest do without all the good advice found on this site? Sometimes I know how to get a job done but after litening to others realize there is a better way.
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 4:59pm
I was thinking of asking when do you sleep. Then i thought 30000 ft. LOL

The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 5:38pm
EXCELLENT, Trev.
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 6:50pm
I think it is a great looking ride, except your next project might be rear tires of the larger variety, it kinda looks like it's butt is dragging!  :-)
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 7:04pm
Wow guys I drove her again and keep reminding myself I have to break her in working on the baler and not puttn' round on joyrides! When I can afford new tires she'll get new 18.4 x 38's and new 1100's for the front to a tune of 4 grand. But for now she'll be squattin' for a spell on the originals. Wow does this thing run awesome! A heartfull of thanks to everyone for their help and patience!
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 8:04pm
So, you are saying she runs as good as she looks!  EXCELLENT
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 9:02pm
very cool
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Mike56073 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike56073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 9:10pm
  Way to go!!
I had to chuckle last night, I was reading your previous post when I got to the reply that said  to let the next person in 20 years wondering what the "sam hell" was wrong.......you should've marked the front of the pump gear with a paint marker with something like "sorry, CPT. Dana..........."
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 6:04am
LOL when I asked Dr Allis if I should move the 1 tooth or 181 it was because I had no idea how hard it would be to move it never been in such a place lol so I was figuring hey if I can get it in time who cares about the next guy. But once there it was easy and she is just so...well lets just say when I awoke I thought of the XT first.
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 6:56am
Good job --- must have instruments so you can drive "under the hood" that is on the seat --LOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 7:50pm

Got Kitty hooked to the baler for the season. Now I need to get another one eventually for an eventually new discbine. I can pretty much guarantee you all I will never buy another non running 27 year dormant Allis that ran good when parked lol!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:04pm

Sun protection and new hydraulic couplers added today. New oil press gauge reads 40 to 50 lbs.
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:04pm
I can pretty much guarantee you all I will never buy another non running 27 year dormant Allis that ran good when parked lol!

why not CPT. Dana you know all about them now

you should be able too get what you have in it
if you wanted too   i hope

B:-)     Dnoym
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by captaindana captaindana wrote:

I can pretty much guarantee you all I will never buy another non running 27 year dormant Allis that ran good when parked lol!

That's the only really good way to buy the mid to higher HP tractors, as of yet we have never put more than they are worth into them to get them to working shape, that being said, we tend not to buy the ones with known tranny/rear end problems.  A non running 7060 for say 2500 is hard to pass :-)
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:14pm
Dnoym I think I have around 5 in it. With my labor about triple that lol. I doubt it will ever be for sale while I'm alive. I would really like to just work with her and enjoy the ride for the next 20 years. When I looked back from the D19 the baler looked huge. Now when I look back from the XT the baler looks more like a matchbox toy!
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 9:58pm
I think you could do close to 10k if you wanted, at least in my parts. I love the bigs and littles, looks great. attention to detail is always what seperates the normal from those of us that are DEEPLY disturbed. I showed my Dad your pics, he was thrilled. Now to find me an xt or 200...Trev.
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 11:36pm
Glad you got it figured out Dana. Nothing more frustrating than an Orange tractor on the fritz!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by captaindana captaindana wrote:

Wow guys I drove her again and keep reminding myself I have to break her in working on the baler and not puttn' round on joyrides! When I can afford new tires she'll get new 18.4 x 38's and new 1100's for the front to a tune of 4 grand. But for now she'll be squattin' for a spell on the originals. Wow does this thing run awesome! A heartfull of thanks to everyone for their help and patience!
What size are the rears that are on it now?
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic