This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'34 AC model E manual?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AL35U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '34 AC model E manual?
    Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 7:59pm
I'm looking for a manual for a '34 Allis Chalmers E.  Can someone point me in the right direction.  Also have a '35 U.  If anyone knows of a dealer who might have these or a website I could go to I'd greatly appreciate it.  Really having trouble finding anything for the E though.
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 9:28pm
I have a 34 E as well, on ebay once in awhile will have the real deal turn up as far as the manual is concerned, keep an open eye. Most folks are into the newer A-'C's and don't know a lot about the older ones, glad to see someone else who has a  couple of them. I have a few U's a couple UC's and the E. I really enjoy these ancestors to some of the modern allis tractors. Good luck on the manual search.
AL35U View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AL35U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 9:46pm
Thanks a lot.  I've been looking for a manual for this for a while.  Not a whole lot of people seem to know much about the old E's and it's hard to find anything for them.  I really need a new manifold for it.  The one we have has cracked and been welded several times and to have a new one machined will cost $650.  Any ideas on this?  So far getting a new one is the only option we have.  And I would really like to figure out if it's a 25-40, which I know is far more common, or a 30-60. 
Thanks again for the info and good to hear from another old E and U fan.
Norm Meinert View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm Meinert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 10:01pm
I have new manifolds,gaskets,valves, and many other parts for your E  call 815-238-4506 or go to www.normsactractors.com

Norm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 7:28am
Well, Norm took the words out of my mouth, I use Norm quite often for my U and UC stuff, he has always treated us great. As far as if its the 30-60, I believe the only surefire method would be to measure the bore, the 30-60 uses a 5 1/4  bore, the 25/40  standard is 5"  BTW my brother and I are restoring this E this summer: I hope it goes good!!

tractorchuckie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorchuckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:56pm

theirs more guys in to the older Allis tractors on this site then you think. As per a owners manual of an 25-40  ebay would be your best bet. thxchuck

still looking for the holy grail of Allis
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 2:34pm
The only manuals for the 'E' tractors I have ever seen are the operators manual and the parts manual. Never seen a repair manual.  Jensales has reprints available as listed in their catalog.
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 7:23pm
I have a 34 E on rubber. Mine looked like that when i started working on it except the tires were flat. lol
Norm can help you out with ehat you need. Good luck.
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic