This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sow oats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cornbinder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sow oats
    Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 6:39am
must be nice. no one except a very few around our area north east ohio (except the amish) have been able to get into the field yet. we just got drenched again yesterday and forecasts for some rain again this week.
Sponsored Links

Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 5:12am
I got my oats/alfalfa planted tuesday and wednesday
donais View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 9:38am
I planted my oats on thanksgiving finished the other field in the first part of January. I've got 2 fields almost ready to cut and bale the rest are a few weeks behind. All my oat barley rye wheat is for hay. If only we had some rain this winter is be real happy. Last year when I cut the hay it was around 5 feet tall this year It's only about 2. Jon
David (in Mi.) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David (in Mi.) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 7:38am
  I got most of my sugar beets planted here in the thumb of Michigan.  Weather is just to good to pass up, A lot of beets growers are planting beets, and we all are taking a big chance, if these beets come up and then we get a hard frost, we are in big trouble. I think i will try and wait about a month to plant my corn.
Dale H. ECIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H. ECIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 7:07am
The weather here in EC Il. has been great. I sowed the oats for the 2012 OPOP Show March 14, they are up and looking good. I looked it up and here are the planting dates for the past years:
4-10-2007
4-16-2008
3-23-2009
4-14-2010
4-6-2011
3-14-2012
OPOP Show at Paris, Il. July 20-21, 2012
Allis Chalmers Museum, Paris, Il.http:// www.allischalmersmuseum.com 217-275-3428
singingpig View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singingpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by michaelwis michaelwis wrote:

Finished our oats/alfalfa on Wednesday . Too chicken to start corn , altho the BIG  SHOW , near Warren Ill. is rumored to have put some in ..

That's great. Do you grow your own feed for your hogs?

Edited by singingpig - 23 Mar 2012 at 10:07pm
wdforty5 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdforty5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 9:55pm
Wow! Havnt seen anyone actually plantin yet, but seen all kinds of field work. Timber looks like April the 10 th or so right now. Everything seems to be a few weeks ahead.
"Old Iron...built to last"
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 9:37pm
I planted a couple of pounds of garden and snap peas on Monday.
When I was done with that I decided to plant some sweet corn.
Normally its way too early, but with this weather I thought that i would try it.
I had the D-15 out spreading manure, the D14 to plow and the CA to pull the springtooth harrow. The got the B out and cultivated the asparagus. It was a great day.
Bob

Edited by Chalmersbob - 23 Mar 2012 at 9:38pm
michaelwis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 9:19am
Finished our oats/alfalfa on Wednesday . Too chicken to start corn , altho the BIG  SHOW , near Warren Ill. is rumored to have put some in ..
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 9:17am
at first i thought its way early for corn, but i guess April is only a week away.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
MBwcIll View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBwcIll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 9:14am
Any one sowed oats yet this season?  The weather has been super this spring, got ours in last week and they are up and looking great.  Talk is that the guys in river bottom have have 1000's of Acers of corn in as well.  (Not sure of their sanity)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic