This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WC-262

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WC-262
    Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 6:50pm
 A little progress has been made. Steering wheel position is finalized after moving the fuel tank, steering colunm support and clutch pedal ahead 8.5" Bench seat location is pretty much decided upon, gearshift  lever was changed again .

'

It will be nice to sit upright on a cushy bench seat with a flat platform and  foot brakes.
 Hope to have this ready for Labor Day weekend pulls and the Big Mac crossing this fall. Lots yet to do .
I started out years ago with nothing.... after this divorce , I'll be getting most of it back.........
Sponsored Links

ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 7:18pm
Looks great Gary.   Why did you shorten the clutch and steering, just to make the seat platform up further?    Would love to see your brakes when you're all done.   I have some similar ideas in mind for my WC.  
1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 7:32pm
Gary, this is a really neat project. Please keep posting photos & updates. Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
Chuck(ONT) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck(ONT) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 7:43pm
Looks great, did you form the hood?
Never take life too seriously.

Nobody gets out alive anyway!

1C 1 WD45 1 AC180
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 8:12pm
Chuck, I didn't want to climb up the backside of the tractor anymore, so moving forward allows easy entry from the left side like a modern tractor. After I make weight brackets, wheelie bars and a new drawbar , it would be a real obstacle course to mount from the back. Plus the bench will seat two , so a rider can get on easier. Lots of kids around here would like to go for a tractor ride, this will be much safer for them.

Chuck , I can't take credit for the hood, a friend retired from HVAC, broke in his brake for me , and even made the corner peices for the front. Gary
I started out years ago with nothing.... after this divorce , I'll be getting most of it back.........
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 6:34am
That project is lookin' great Gary. If it turns out anything like that D17 you have, that thing will definately be sweeeet! Thumbs Up Keep us posted on the progress and keep shootin' some pics. I'm assuming the remote filter is for engine oil? Those flat tank WC's are growin' on me. I'd like to find a flat tank WC without a motor to drop that 153 Chevy II engine I have into the frame rails for a hotrod Tractor project in the upcoming years.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:33pm
Thats neet!! what is the stearing wheel  from?
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by B26240 B26240 wrote:

Thats neet!! what is the stearing wheel  from?

Looks like it could be a Model A Ford steering wheel.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 6:19pm
Looks more like a Model T wheel.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 6:43pm
Brian got it, its from a T it was  used for a long time on a doodlebug.  Early wc's I think, had a 4 spoke steering wheel.?
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 7:27pm
Lookin sharp, and can't wait to see some orange on it!
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 7:39am
 Steve, Is this a delco or an Autolite?
 I don't see holes for a tag to be rivited  to the frame  ?

The only identifaction I can find is   2 F 1 5  in raised letters on the backside of the nose, 
 and  SA-2016 stamped on the nose's oppsosite side between the two machined areas

Edited by Gary in da UP - 28 Feb 2012 at 8:09am
Matt MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 8:00am
appears to be a Delco
Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!
KenBWisc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenBWisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 9:08am
'33s and early '34s had the steel U steering wheel with a larger diameter than later ones. I wondered what you did to it as the offset is opposite the WC wheel. Interesting they are so similar. 
'34 WC #629, '49 G, '49 B, '49 WD, '62 D-19, '38 All Crop 60 and still hunting!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 10:47am
Gary,
If there is only two 10x32 holes threaded in the chassis on each side of the contact for the starter switch and no stud up near the nose cone, its a Delco. The pic is dark here on the computer at work and half the pic is cut off. All I can see is the nose cone...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic