This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'45 with snap coupler ripper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '45 with snap coupler ripper
    Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 8:07pm
Picked this up this morning from Luke in Harlan Iowa.  Had to try it out right away.  Really makes the '45 smoke.  Even brought it to a stop a couple of time.

Sponsored Links

Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 8:16pm
   I bet it made her smoke ! I don't think I have seen one of these before ?
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 8:53pm
Nice find!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 9:05pm
I'd love to have one of those for my WD.  Here's a video of my WD with a subsoiler.  I didn't have the pump set for traction booster in this one.  It goes a lot smoother with it set for draft control.
AaronSEIA

Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 9:12pm
I didn't have the pump set for the traction booster either, which is probably why it brought it to a stop a couple of times.  No other depth control that I can tell.  The adjusting screw in the middle, by changing the pitch, may affect the depth I suppose.
JRaymer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRaymer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 9:22pm
I call that a paster renivator, I have one of those and a subsoiler also,both do a good job if you go over the ground after you subsoil it that thing tares it up pretty  good.
kffischer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kffischer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 9:58pm
do you have any pictures of the ground you worked?  before and after?
I think the outside shanks are supposed to cover your wheel tracks so you would have to either adjust your wheels or the outer shanks for the best results.

karl f
WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 10:11pm
We have a s/c subsoiler that has a turn buckel attached to the long arm to change the pitch.
Fred Dunlop, G,B,CA, WC,WF, 3 WD45`s,gas, diesel and LP,U,D10 series III, D12,D14,D15 SERIES II,D17 Series IV in Gas and Diesel ,D19 GAS and D21,170 185,210 ,220 an I-600 8070 fwd, 716H and 1920H
Burgie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 6:41am
I`d like to have one of those.
"Burgie"
Chris (swIA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris (swIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 10:20am

Dave, is that just like the one that sold near Corning Iowa at the Morehouse sale last year? I have a 3 shank 3 point version that I run behind my 17 and it will bring it to a halt once in a while. I can't imagine how hard 5 shanks pull!

Farrell(Utah) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farrell(Utah) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 11:19am
Dave,  that is a nice looking unit.  I have two of these Oxnard (I think) tool-bars.  One of them has a spring tooth harrow on it and you have given me the idea what to do with the other.  It looks like nice ripper.  Thanks for sharing.  
A(1937), 2 G, 2 WD45 diesels, 6 WD45 gas, UC, 2 WD, D17 gas, WF, Farmall 400, D12, Kubota B3030
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 3:11pm
Farrell, could you post a picture of your spring tooth harrow?  I've been looking for one of those, and would like to see what yours looks like.  Thanks, Dave
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farrell(Utah) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 3:31pm
Dave,  I will snap a picture of mine and post it.  Since it is at my "White Elephant" place that is several miles away, I will take the picture tomorrow.     
A(1937), 2 G, 2 WD45 diesels, 6 WD45 gas, UC, 2 WD, D17 gas, WF, Farmall 400, D12, Kubota B3030
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 6:50pm
Here are some pictures of the ground I used this ripper on.  I would guess it was going 6" deep.  Went deeper when I passed over the same area a second time.

AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 6:56pm
You got to get some video of that thing in action!
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 7:50pm
Looks like a nice Oxnard unit.  I also have a couple of toolbars like that. P.S. If you are only pulling it 6" deep it is a "cultivator" LOL!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
kffischer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kffischer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 10:51pm
the ground looks ready to be seeded!  Nice attachment.  

karl f
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 9:31am
I really do need to measure how deep it goes, as I've had other ask too.  Have to put it back on and try again, I guess.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farrell(Utah) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 8:17pm
Dave,
   I posted a picture of my Oxnard spring-tooth harrow.  I have a better picture but my file space allotment on the Forum is full and I can't load the picture until I learn how to delete files.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 9:51am
I've always liked the looks of the Oxnard tillage line.  Farrell's pictures in another post are neat too.  I don't think any of the Oxnard stuff makes it to Illinois from California.  All the people in Nebraska and Iowa gobble them up before they get this far east.  LOL
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:02am
Just watched Aaron's video, I was cringing as I seen him making turns with the subsoiler in the ground.
Tim-tn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:46am
How wide of a ripper(how many shanks) did they offer for the snap coupler ? Sure looks neat would like to have one for my D-19? Anybody got one they would part with close to TN. Thanks......
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 1:40pm
Chris, it is the one sold at Corning IA last April I believe.  Luke at Harlan bought it and I was able to purchase it from him.  Ironically, I was at the auction when it sold, but not thinking fast enough to bid on it then.  Decided I'd like to have it afterwards.  Saw it Luke's when he was showing me some of his treasures, and he was willing to part with it.  Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic