This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1961 D17 pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1961 D17 pics
    Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 8:41pm

from what i can find its a 1961.  It does need some work done to the engine. witch i am hoping to get fixed by summer. the darn thing wont rev up and lugs really bad.

sorry for posting so many pics on first post but hope you all like the old tractor I sure do :)

Edited by CTD03 - 12 Jan 2012 at 9:38pm
Sponsored Links

D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 8:47pm
Sure looks like a keeper to me.
Yea, I can fix that.....
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 8:54pm
   Yep, 1961. Nice tractor and blade !
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:02pm
Hey, let me say welcome to the forum. That is a nice looking D-17 you've got there, big enough to do what you need and small enough not to break the bank on fuel.
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
donais View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote donais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:24pm
that is awesome! i just got my FIRST d17 and it came with a blade just like that one. i dont need the blade tho' i next need to either rig up the 3pt disc to become a drawbar disc or make a 3pt for it.....
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by AllisChalmers37 AllisChalmers37 wrote:

Hey, let me say welcome to the forum. That is a nice looking D-17 you've got there, big enough to do what you need and small enough not to break the bank on fuel.

thank you. It has been on the farm for along time. I just cant wait to get it back up and running right. I almost dont want to repaint the tractor.

the rear blade is great. I will have to get pics of it hook to the plows and disk.

Edited by CTD03 - 12 Jan 2012 at 9:38pm
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 7:08am

I dont think the front wheels are the correct wheels. what do i need to look for to make them correct? i wouldnt mind putting a 3 rib tires up front on those existing rims.  but i am not sure how it would look with the wider tires up front

JohnCinMd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCinMd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 9:55am
Very nice looking tractor!
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 9:59am
Nice lookin D-17!

Those are car wheels and tires on the front. I am sure somebody has the right wheels on here, if you want them. You can try and call salvage yards, they should not be too hard to find.
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 2:32pm
Welcome to the best Allis site there is.
Nice D-17; Series II.
It has the fully pressurized oil system and modern filter.
I picked up a D-17 a couple of years ago with Ser. #34633; only 226 machines before yours.
Your tin work is much, much better than mine as the prior owner had "rolled" it
once.
I have a WD and a coupla WD-45s.  The "45" is a step up from the WD and I think the D-17 is a couple of steps above the "45".
The power steering and the Hi-Lo "power director" are real nice features to say nothing of the extra power and the more comfortable ride amidship.
' hope you get her percolating and when you do you will really like that machine.
I have a blade like yours but at times I sure wish I had extensons on mine.
The front wheels are the same as used from the WC right thru the D-17 Series III so you should be able to find them fairly readily. There are reproduction wheels out there too.
allis6080 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis6080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 5:41pm
hay ctd. were abouts in pa are you from?
i live around edinboro pa.
allis6080
6060 s\n 5016

1947 JD B
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:27pm
i cant wait to get it running right. i'd love to mow and bale. tried running the new idea cutditioner and no such luck even in 1st gear. what a downer day for me
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 1:23pm
just cleaned the drive way move o i say 3" of snow i usally run my compact but i have the front blade on it and with the ground the way it is back blading saving me from all the work in the spring time

GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 2:47pm
Nice D 17. I'm curious as to why the front axle is adjusted wider on one side.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
CTD03 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTD03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 12:24am
Originally posted by GBACBFan GBACBFan wrote:

Nice D 17. I'm curious as to why the front axle is adjusted wider on one side.

well i haven't moved the axle since my grandpa has passed away in 2001.  i really only run the tractor to plow my pumpkin patch and disk it and havent had a reason to change that. he ran it that way. He got me in to farming and allis tractors so i just really havent touched what he did. may sound kinda weird. So that is why  the tractor is shifted the way it is

Edited by CTD03 - 15 Jan 2012 at 12:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic