This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traction booster control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traction booster control
    Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 5:25pm
Installed new traction boost gauge on my D-17 ser.3 along with the oil supply line going to it. By the way that tiny oil line about 24" long was $81.25 from AGCO. Trying to adjust linkage on traction booster control. I'm going thru adjustment procedure in owners manual and I think I have it about right. My question is what position is the lift-lower lever supposed to be in when using traction booster with plow? The manual says it should be all the way down and the IT shop manual says to lower plow and then put lever in mid-way position. Anybody know which is correct? Thanks for any help!!!! 
Sponsored Links

79fordblake View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 8:02pm
Lift-Lower should be all the way down and then Traction Booster lever set where you want it. If traction booster lever is set to high plow will come out of the ground.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 8:51pm
Re-read /compare your 2 manuals.They are saying the same thing.....IT assumes you know to use the lift lever to lower and then move TB up half way.
  The lift lever is down for TB use. You basically set your TB lever where it works best and then lift and lower on the ends  with the lift lever. When you drop the plow your TB is already set not like the WD/WD45's where the lift and TB were all in  the same lever. On them you drop the plow then quickly slip the lever back up a tad. A thumb between the bottom of the quadrant and the guide on the lever always worked good for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic