This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rebuild transmission housing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rebuild transmission housing?
    Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 4:48pm
Is it possible to rebuild a transmission housing out of a 8070 FWA? The hole where the main shaft is wore pretty bad, my dads thinks it can be rebuilt cheap, I dont. Any opinions?
8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 5:44pm
Im not familair with that case, but anything can be built up by welding and remachined, or bored oversize and sleeved back to original size.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 6:40pm
How cheap??? Ask him how much he thinks for machine work to fix housing, please post the amount here, I'm curious to what he's thinking.
Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Chris/CT Chris/CT wrote:

How cheap??? Ask him how much he thinks for machine work to fix housing, please post the amount here, I'm curious to what he's thinking.
A $1,000 or so, if it can be redone.
8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 7:49pm
If you have a flat surface to locate on, another surface to square off from and enough of the bore left to find the original centerline, you could probably get it done for that. 
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 8:08pm
That estimate seems reasonable, now finding a good shop to do the work? Have you tried locating a good used housing? That is easier said then done I realize.GL.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:38pm
I have rebuilt some of them PS housings. It takes atleast 500.00 to repair the housing.  MACK
Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:46pm
We already put a used housing on the tractor, I think its a waist having the tihing sit around taking up space but hate seeing it go to china since they probably dont make it anymore.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic