This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

oil in water

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdirtycreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oil in water
    Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 8:51am
I have a HD 5 that is getting oil in the water,there is no oil cooler that I can find so I have no clue what it could be.If anyone has any idea let me know,thanks.
Sponsored Links

D-17_Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-17_Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:04am
Your likely getting water in your oil as well. Could be a cracked head, but most likely a bad head gasket.

Edited by D-17_Dave - 11 Jan 2012 at 9:05am
Yea, I can fix that.....
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 1:11pm
 Like D17 DAVE it could be a crack head or head gaskquet but could be too the gasket behind the water pump and oil coler
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 12:17am
Oil cooler is behind water pump , the head gasket could also be leaking or  a cracked head as they do crack between the injector copper tube and the valves. could also be one of these copper tubes are bad. 
 As the head gasket seals the compression by being compressed by the liner protrusion from the block and the head , the rest of gasket just seals the water and oil passages .
 As it is not a pressure cooling system it's hard to trace leaks .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
mdirtycreek View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdirtycreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 6:40am
There is no water in the oil so it's not the head,has to be the oil cooler.I just couldn't find the thing,it's not the same animal as a 371 or 471,thanks for the help.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 11:18am
The oil cooler is behind the water pump
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic