This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

model d motor grader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rburk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: model d motor grader
    Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 9:16pm
am in need of a flywheel for this grader 1952 year   it is not the same as a wd as some told me    any help would be appreciaded
Sponsored Links

KGood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 6:43am

I wonder if a D17 flywheel will work. They had a bigger clutch.

DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 11:30am
That should be a WD45 tractor flywheel. I don't know if the WD45 flywheel and the D17 flywheel are interchangable or not. Many of the engine parts are. The farm guys should know.
Jack of all trades, master of none
KGood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 12:14pm

WF,WC,WD,WD45 and D17 flywheels will bolt to the same crank. I guess it most likely doesn't have the D17 style since his is a 52 and the D17 came out in 57.

Charles Craig View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 6:33pm

what is the problem with your flywheel?  do you need a replacement or just a new ringear?   CC

AC BD3 roadgrader "D" road grader SIX "old" cars Farmall 300
rburk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rburk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 10:42pm
My flywheel is cracked in several places on the face. Non repairable. The part number
is 226765.  Also in need of several scarifier teeth.
KGood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 10:41am
WD's were hollow under the face. I don't think I've took on apart that didn't have cracks there just depends how bad it is. Later on in 45's they were filled in under there thats what I would use if it will work.
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 12:10pm
Rob, you might want to post that you want a good usable or rebuild-able WD45 or D17 flywheel on the classified section of this site and give your location. There should be someone out there that has some used parts.
Jack of all trades, master of none
surplus_salvage View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surplus_salvage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 1:01pm
We may have one, it will be tomorrow before I can check.  Does anyone have an image of the id plate for a model D motor grader or know where one can be bought. 
we are restoring one and the plate is completely blank except for the Id # which was stamped in.
Kcgrain View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kcgrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 1:38pm
I wouldnt worry to much about the cracks, almost every flywheel is cracked, they are stress and heat cracks from slipping the clutch, I have never seen one cracked beyond repair, have it machined back flat, and make sure they keep the 2 depths right when they do it and you will be fine, unless you mean cracked as in broke, but I have never seen that.
rburk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rburk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 6:13pm
my flywheel is cracked clear through in sevral spots scared it will bust the part number is differnt than a wd havent seen a wd one so i dont know for sure mine is inset about  1 1/4 to the face   also my serial tag is blank except for the number 
rburk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rburk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 6:18pm
also i am in need of 5 scarifer teeth and 3 keepers i am located in st charles mo  will travel 
surplus_salvage View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surplus_salvage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 10:50pm
Sorry we didn't have one.
KGood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 12:02pm
What about WD45 numbers they should be different. I can't imagine them making a different flywheel. Do you know the diameter of the clutch disc?
rburk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rburk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 10:31pm
thank you for all the info wd will work  have found one for transplant hope to be grading soon     rob 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic