This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slipping Power Directory 185

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote automaticdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slipping Power Directory 185
    Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 5:11pm

Hi guys,the PD clutch seems to be slipping in both Hi & Low range @ low rpm. If I rev the engine up to 800 - 1000 rpm it works ok. I&T book says to check pressure at 2000 rpm & it should be 290 psi. What pressure should it be @ idle. And can I check psi with gauge @ either A or B socket head plugs on the pto control valve showen in pic. Thanks Dave.
Sponsored Links

automaticdave View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote automaticdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 5:17pm
Sorry about tht over size pic, Try to do better next time.
Kevin in WA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin in WA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 6:15pm
Regulating valve in the PD valve is stuck, remove and polish up and I bet it won't slip any more. You can check pressure at those ports.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic