This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snap coupler to 3 Point conversions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tominMi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap coupler to 3 Point conversions
    Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 9:01am
Is there a difference in the length of the lift arms between snap coupler Cat-1 & Cat-2 to 3 point conversions for D series tractors?
Sponsored Links

TexasAllis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 6:52am
Any three point adapter I have ever seen for D series were one size fits all.
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 6:43pm
I have a Cat. II adaptor that I can measure if you know the length of the Cat. I hitch.
I don't "think" there is a difference in the length, tho.
There is a Cat I to fit the WD-45, D-14 and D-17. The WD-45 uses an additional guide a'ssy not used with the D series.
There is a Cat II to fit the WD-45, D-14 and D-17. The WD-45 uses an additional guide a'ssy. not used with the D series.
And......there is a totally different Cat I adaptor to fit the D-10 and D-12 tractors.
Joe/NC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 7:30am
I got the cat II for my D 10 and it works OK. But the triangle shaped frame part of the conversion strikes my SC frame. I am concerned about the pressure it is putting on the transmission housing bolts. I would sale mine and get the lighter duty version.

It does set a disc a little farther back and makes the front of the tractor light. Since i have a D 10 Ser III I have the best of both worlds, and use my Ser I with the SC equip. I really like it better in most of my cases. Just can't get a SC finishing mower.
Steve(SEMN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve(SEMN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 10:31am
Are you asking about the wishbone hitch that Tony sells?
Call Tony i am curious too?
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 11:37am
Ok  Guys  i have  been sitting back watching  this  thread.  Cat  1 spee balls are for  7/8  pins.  Cat  2 spee balls are  for  1-1/8 pins.  arms can be any size.   Also a difference  how  wide  pin setting  is on  equipment.  Tony
Joe/NC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 12:03pm
Steve correct. It is heavier duty, but the top of that wish bone goes against part of the SC drawbar frame that is bolted to the rear end housing. I have to try to remember not to raise the lift all the way. I fear it could break the housing or strip the bolts out of the threads in the housing. I thought I would make a picture to post, maybe this is just unique to my tractor. I even considered just cuttin the "ear" off that part of the hitch frame. Otherwise it is an excellent product.
tominMi View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tominMi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 2:05pm
Interesting feedback everyone. I asked the question because the SC to 3 PT adapter that came with my D-14 has Cat 2 spee balls. I'm assuming that a D-14 would be a Cat-1 class tractor. My SC adapter has bushings to reduce the 1-1/8 down to 7/8. When attaching to a Cat 1 implement it is difficult to close the lift arms over the implement pins & secure them. A narrow width between lift pins on an implement would cause this . Does anyone know if list pin spacings are standardized for Cat1,2 Ect? My thought is that longer Cat 2 lift arms will have a greater distance between arms on the implement attachment end than a shorter Cat 1 arm. As mentioned pressure on the rear end housing may present the risk of damage. I"ll measure the length of arms & spacing of the arms at the SC end this weekend. I'll also look for a Mfg name & part #  of the adapter. & post for all.    

Edited by tominMi - 23 Sep 2011 at 2:05pm
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2011 at 8:01am
I assumed you had a real Allis-Chalmers  adaptor; maybe I assumed wrong?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic