This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help ID'ing D15 Loader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben.N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help ID'ing D15 Loader
    Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 12:55pm

Last summer I purchased my grandfather's 1960 D15 serial number D15 1018 with loader, auger and back blade.  He bought it used.  It's latest paint color is Allis orange, but beneath that looks to be industrial yellow.  This winter, both bucket roll cylinders developed massive rod seal leaks and I'm in the process of rebuilding the worst of the two.  The rod chrome is badly worn near the mounting trunion and there is a flat spot closer to the piston head.  As an alternative to reworking the rod I'd like to try and find a used cylinder in better condition.  The problem is I'm having no luck identifying the loader model in order to track down replacement parts (presumably knowing the loader model would also help in identificaiton of the correct seal packs and if I was EXTREEMLY lucky even the torque specs).  So the purpose of this post is to solicit the expertise of you folks in identifying this loader or at least pointing me in a direction to look for loaders that would have been offered with this machine.  I haven't found any significant markings on the loader itself, but I wouldn't know where to look.  Help in that area would be useful as well.  Attached is a photo.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Brian S(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian S(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 2:45pm
Lookis very similar to the one on my d-15 II except that mine is a trip bucket. I will look at the one on my other 15 II which is a henrey.
God made man.Sam colt made man equal.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 8:03pm
Any hydraulic place can fix those cylinders as good as new for you.  Any used one you may find could be just as bad as what you already have.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 9:33pm

You have a D-15 industrial with the extra reinforcing on the front axle. The loader is a Henry but I'd have to do some reasearch to get a model number. As stated, any good hydraulic shop will repair the cylinders.

Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
allisnut View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 10:25am
It looks like a Henery TS500 like on my d15 industrial that also has a Henery Mark IV Backhoe on it
Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 12:07pm
Looks to be a Henry L100 front loader, my d15 also had a henry mark iv hoe on it. Napa made all hoses for me, cylinders we removed and took to hydraulic shop next door to the sawmill wood yard we deliver to. Picked em up a week later and no problems up to when she sold. I do like the grill guard on yours better than the small flat steel one I had on mine.
64 D-15 Industrial View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 D-15 Industrial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 10:13pm
I have a 1964 D15 with a Henry TS-500 loader (as well as a Henry Mark IV Backhoe).  I also have all the manuals for parts and operation.  I can send you pictures of mine if you like and or diagrams off the manuals.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 6:55am
Ben N. As the other boys have said, a good hydraulic shop will be able to help you out.   If rod and other appurtenances of the hydraulic cylinder need replace, go here:

http://baileynet.com/hydraulics/bailey_hydraulics_rod_and_tubes

HTH's - Orangeman

Jai Guru Deva, Om

Edited by orangeman - 11 Feb 2012 at 6:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic