This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

gettin ready

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giz's hd-6ep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gettin ready
    Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:48pm
ok almost ready to take my hd6ep for a spin .never drove a dozer before heee heee. drove loaders and backhoes tho .question . what is the proper why to steer, push on pedal and then pull lever, or pull lever and then step on pedal? AND DO I STEP ON BOTH PEDALS AT ONCE TO STOP OR WILL ONE WORK TO STOP IT . Think i'm gonna pull it out of garage first, don't want to go crashing thru wall right away . gonna try to give meself some room.thanks
Sponsored Links

DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 8:17pm
The lever operates the clutch on the drive to the track and the pedal operates the brake on that side to slow or stop the track for a sharper turn. If you pull both levers you will disengage both tracks and stop. If you push both pedals without pulling the levers you will stall the engine. If you want to turn left you pull the left lever to disengage the left track. With only the right track driving, the machine should start to turn left. If it not turning quickly enough then you push on the left brake pedal to slow or stop the left track for a sharper turn. For a right turn you do the same with the right clutch and brake.
Jack of all trades, master of none
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 2:39am

HD6EP is powershift, you can,t stall the engine.

Whatever you do. Do not leave it in gear, and hop off. many times people leave them in gear at idle; and to start with they might not move ; but as the oil gets abit hotter and more fluid they often will start to move by themselves.
Tractor will stop with 1 foot on the brake, but make sure fwd/rev lever is in middle/nuetral position when you hop off.
giz's hd-6ep View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giz's hd-6ep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 7:16pm
ok had her running for about 45 min today runs good haven't driven it yet but thanks for advice .i noticed it doesn't have any fuel pressure at an idle but goes up to around 10 revved up .also doesn't want to start without a shot of either even after it's warmed up.i'm thinking sumpin wrong with pump has all new filters etc and new fuel ,the machine hasn't been run for about 5 years maybe it has to be run and heated up i don't know .runs good tho any thoughts??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic