This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your take on B Allis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your take on B Allis
    Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 10:25am
I seen a B Allis today with a asking price of 500 dollars. they said the motor was stuck but it doesn't look to bad in the photo. Thought I would post the pic and see what you guys have to say about it. Thanks Mark

Sponsored Links

jtheise4 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtheise4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 10:44am
The metal alone is nearly worth $500.  Looks in decent shape.

Edited by jtheise4 - 21 Jun 2011 at 10:44am
1958 D14
Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 10:47am
I would have bought it before they changed their mind.
wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 11:07am
Keep in mind its only worth about 250.0 in scrap. Stuck motor is the easiest thing to remedie. Bad sheetmetal, rusted rims, worn transmissions, are all much more difficult to deal with. Good tires is a plus but if the gas tank is rusted out then chaching. For me its all about the little things. Some of the best tractors I've bought where stuck and the wost ran.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 11:15am
Pressed steel rims bolted on somehow, no gas tank support/tool box, no starter torquetube, jerry rigged seat and a stuck engine. I would guess you could find one that would take less parts to make it look like most B's for the same money.  
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 11:51am
Corner of hood is gone .
And yet if a guy wants $1200.oo for a B with mower and works  ,it's TOO MUCH !!!!!
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 12:49pm
I'd probably nibble on it. I'd stick 4 Franklins under his nose. Might just get it.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 12:53pm
Hard to understand Fred. Funny how people think.
I bought a used Woods 59 over Ebay from a Woods dealer here in Ohio with all brackets. Which is a right hand rotation. When they loaded it the fellow told me that he had just priced out one for someone that came to 2,200.00. It most likely had more than just the mower and attchment brackets.  He was trying to tell me I stole it from him at 280 bucks.  The brackets for this one will fit both a B or a C. Both ends slide in or out and pre drilled to fit.
I have iton a C rignt now.
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 1:03pm
Can't place it, but tractor looks real familiar to me.
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
Bull View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 3:03pm
If you are going to restore a tractor the little things add up in a hurry. Things like light switches, battery cables, belts and hoses can get to over $100 in a heart beat. Tires have gone out the roof of late. Don't overlook the small things when you budget a project. 
junkman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 4:04pm
Thanks guys for your take. I figure it could be bought cheaper but really don't know if I want a B without electric start. The guy is supposed to call me when he gets a chance so I will get some more specifics then. Just got back from loading up the other A2 for scrap and on the way home stopped and looked at a D14 that might be for sale. If it can be bought worth the money I would rather have it. 
Boogerowen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boogerowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 4:11pm
How do you put a price on enjoyment ?????

I thought it was all about having fun, not making money.....
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 4:21pm
Please someone save that B.  It will make me feel sooo good.
I know it is missing some things but it really is a nice looking unit. 
Whoever gets it take good care of my favorate.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 5:27pm
Thats a life time of cobling on that tractor. Looks to me to be more of a parts tractor than one to restore. A few of the parts worth much I see in the pic are the tires, tank, and mag. And all that is a maybe. 3-400 would be my top dollar.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 5:35pm
If you want to have fun and not make money.Just buy a few of these tractors and part them out to the people that cry ,it's only my HOBBY !!!  
junkman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 5:47pm
I see they put it on craigs list so it will give you more views. No draw bar bad sign.
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/2453637072.html
wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 5:59pm
I just bought one with a homemade drawbar and stupid me didn't realize it was welded on till I got it home.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 6:08pm
Nothin about this B got me interested for 5 bills.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 7:57pm
I've recently seen that tractor also. I don't know if on here or craigslist. I remember those back wheels and the missing corners of the hood. I'm getting pretty good at making those lower hood corners.
Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 9:02pm
Too many pieces missing for 500$ in my opinion.  
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic