This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Someone save this B/C or #5 sickle in SC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Someone save this B/C or #5 sickle in SC
    Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 8:09am
Not mine... looks to be a #5 by the mounting brackets, but maybe just a B/C.  http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grd/2429420425.html
'41 C w/Woods L503 mower, #3 mower, 2-way plows for C
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 8:58am
A deal if you are close by.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
RichinWis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichinWis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 10:03am
That mower my friends is for a CA, the bracket on the back is very hard to find if you are looking for one. It mounts to the lift arms
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 12:23pm
I have one of the brackets if anyone is looking.
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 5:46am
Adam,  How much for your bracket?  Do you have the PTO drive pulley?
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:48am
Jim,
I do not have the PTO pulley. I  am waiting for a reply from the person who contacted me about the bracket first.  If we dont work out something, you are next on the list.
Thanks.
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 8:21pm
I called the guy and left a message. He returned my call later in the day and said he had just hauled the mower to the scrap yard. He gave me their number which I called the following day and the man there said he would check to see if it was there yet. He called later in the day to say it was gone.  What a waste.
wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 9:05pm
What I don't understand is it wasn't for sale for scrap price but it went to the scrap yard. I could understand if he wanted 50.00 and couldn't sell it but for 150.00 you would think he thought it had value.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:54pm
It sure was a short two weeks!
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic