This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is a H3 gas crawler worth?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3LP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is a H3 gas crawler worth?
    Posted: 10 May 2011 at 9:15pm
1st time posting.... A elderly gent  in a town nearby is selling his place and has a couple crawlers for sale. The one I'm interested in is a early 60's H3 gas crawler that he has not used in years, it's packed away in his garage behind a Case 310 track loader which makes it hard to check out. It looks in pretty good shape for it's age, he said he put new rollers and clutch's in it just before he stopped using it, the tracks look to be in pretty good shape also. It's blade and cutting edge are in good condition, the hydraulics don't seem to have any leaks that I can see. I was thinking of offering $3000.00 for the machine, is that a fair price ?  I have some poor photo's of the H3 due to year's of stuff being put in around it.
Thanks in advance.

Edited by H3LP - 10 May 2011 at 9:20pm
Sponsored Links

kip in cny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 11:04pm
3k  Is driving it on your trailer price.  Try 1K and work your way up.  Alot can happen to dozers when they sit.  Like clutches and breaks freeze up.  Looks like its sat for a while if it still has a AC filter on it.  Welcome to the allis page fellow NYer.  Keep us posted if you get it.   If you need parts I have a H3 gas I parting out. I use it to keep my HD3 going. 
160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
H3LP View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3LP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 5:51am
Thanks for your advise on a starting point, if I get this rig I'm going to really lean on you folks for help and parts and it's good to know I have a NY resource. Thanks again.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:21am
Guess starting at 1K is all right, and I think it would be a good buy if you happen to get it for that. But I'd sure up the ante to get it if I had to. Just my thoughts. I've seen a pretty nice one go for $6,500 10 years ago. It would be nice to know how it operates before making a final offer though. Good luck, Darrel
Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:23am
I paid $1500 for mine 20 years ago. Granted it needed alot of work, but it started and moved. Start at scrap price, it weighs about 9k lbs.
1961 H3
H3LP View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3LP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 5:54am
The owner of the crawler called me and said he found the paperwork on the H3, he said it was a 1967. I hope he makes up his mind on the price pretty soon, I'm getting excited about this possible project !
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 5:55am
I would grab that machine, those are liked by everyone I know who owns one, just go thru it well before putting to use.
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:47pm

FYI,

Its D15 Series II farm tractor internals...gas engine, trans, ect.
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
H3LP View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3LP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:37am
Hi Guy's, thanks for all your help and suggestions, the H3 owner pulled out of the deal at the last minute opting to put it in a auction. He's a nice guy and I wish the best for him but I am still disappointed. This is a great site and thank you again for your hospitality.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic