This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6G engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6G engine
    Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:35am
I have found a HD6g with a hd3400? engine  w/dry clutch.  I thought there were some other engines in the HD6 crawlers.  Could a 3-53 detroit fit in there? 

Any help would be appreciated.  I am new to this forum.

Sponsored Links

Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 4:52pm
The HD-6 was a re-engined HD-5 which used the 2-71 Detroit. I would go with a 3-71 if you could find one. I like the sound of the 2 cycle Detroits but the 53 series is a little loud for me.
superchief View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:41am
Hi, agengineer, I can't help you on your find. The HD344 engine I purchased to put is my HD6G with wet clutch will not work for me. This engine did have a dry clutch. and was operated on a dozer, the crank pulley is large and will not let me connect the wishbone for the hydraulic pump. It might cause you the same problem? I guess I will start looking now to find a buyer. The engine looks good, has compression, new/rebuilt injection pump, and new valve cover gaskets and head gasket, a lot of work has apparantly been done to this engine plus it has a turbo charger installed. For your information. Superchief
agengineer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:51am
Ithink I can use that one.   I have the pulleys from the engine and on this one and the other parts.   I have to go east in a few days to pick up a loader pucket in Little Rock....

give me a call at 405-641-8547

agengineer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic