This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6G oil clutch oil motor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6G oil clutch oil motor
    Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 9:26pm
Current AC6000 engine is seized up. Located a HD344 (6000) which previously had a dry clutch. My wet clutch will mount up but I have no place to connect the oiler motor beneath the injection pump.
Question; What is the best way to solve this problem?  Any information which will help me will be appreciated.
My replacement engine is: HD344, SN: 6-7543. I would like to know the year of manufacture also.
Thanks much. Superchief
Sponsored Links

HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 2:18am
Chief.  A HD344 isn,t a 6000 motor. Its the old Buda motor and they all came with a dry clutch. Your better off to keep looking for a 6000 motor; preferably with a oil clutch that way you won,t have to worry about rear housings matching and different crankshaft seals.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 7:33am
Maybe you could use your 6000 front cover timing with accessory on your 344
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:03am
the 344 has the injectors  in the side and the 6000 and7000 has them  in  the top od the head
agengineer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:32am
I am looking for an engine for a HD6G with a dry clutch.  Anyone have leads on one..  I found a crawler loader in great condition, but the engine was run without oil and the owner pulled the head and found cracks and then junked the head when he was told it could not be welded.....  I would have to get the engine to Oklahoma City or close..
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:38am
Look at Government Liquidation.Com . They have advertised a number of 6000 and 7000 engines for sale in Colorado Springs (Fort Carson).
Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 12:22pm
I could be wrong here, but isn't that 344 Buda one of the things that made the HD6 become the HD7?
1961 H3
superchief View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 1:29pm
Merv, Thanks for your reply, I may have bitten off more than I wanted, this old engine looks pretty good and has compression, the injectors are on top of the head like my 6000 engine.  I didn't know there would be problems mounting the flywheel and clutch assembly.  I guess I have to make a decision on which way to go. Thanks much, Superchief
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 1:32pm
agengineer, Thanks for your post. Standby if I don't get this worked out I may have an engine for you. I'm located 200 miles East of Joplin, Mo.  Superchief
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 1:37pm
michale34, The HD344 I purchased has the injectors on top of the head just like my 6000 engine. Thanks, Superchief
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 1:43pm
gemdozer, thanks for the info, I have considered that, but it looks like an awful lot of work. I have also considered looking for a DC motor and pump that I could mount to circulate the oil supply to the clutch. Have not began that search yet. thanks, Superchief
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 1:45pm
Kipn, The only difference between the HD^ and HD7 motors is that the the HD7 is turbo charged. Thanks for your post. Superchief
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 1:47pm
Ages Cat, Thanks, will check that out. Took basic training at Ft. Carson 1956. Superchief
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 1:23am
Hi Chief; reread your post.
If the injectors are in the top of the head I think it will be a 6000 not a HD344. Injectors on a buda definetly on the side.
As a sidenote over easter I looked at a late HD6E with wet clutchs and brakes that had the 6000 motor in it die.
Someone repowered it with a Buda motor complete with dry flywheel clutch. They put the steering clutch oil pump on the accesory drive under the fuel pump; same as a 6000.
Merv
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 8:54am
Hi Merv, Thanks for the information. Have purchased a AC 7000 engine with turbo, awaiting for arrival, old engine is finally out, being that this  new engine is military surplus we are hoping for the best and we intend to run  it befor we install. I'll keep you posted as to how it turns out. Thanks again, Superchief
jnielson View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnielson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 3:03pm
I recently bought a HD6G and it can with a Spare motor  I was told it was rebuild with new piston's and Sleeve  I am in North Texas
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 7:50pm
Thanks for you information. We should be putting our engine bacik in to the tractor   shortly. I think we have all the problems from the conversion worked out If I come  across someone needing an engine I will have them contact you. Thanks again, Superchief
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic