This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fiat Allis 7GB need engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiat Allis 7GB need engine
    Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 1:09pm
I have a 1979 Fiat Allis that works fine except the engine is starting to act like the main bearings are going out and I'd like to just replace it rather than take the down time to rebuild it... call me at 928 684 5390 or email me at docjonthomas@gmail.com... Time is a factor.  Thanks
Sponsored Links

MarkBon View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkBon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 7:51am
Hi,
i think it will be very difficult to get it...
But there is always a solution. Fiats are popular mostly in Europe, so maybe you should take under consideration importing parts from there.
I'm searching for parts on the Internet, and here are some Fiat tractors, and here is general category with all fiat heavy machines.
Try calling some Fiat owners in Europe, ask them about engine to your Allis, and maybe some of them will have or will know where you can get that and bring it to US.
Good luck with that docthomas.

Edited by MarkBon - 20 Apr 2011 at 2:23am
docthomas View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 9:22am
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
doc
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 4:22pm
the 7gb should have a ac 3500 6cyl  engine in it very common engine even in farm machinery .I got my 3500 for my 7gb out of a combine.
docthomas View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 5:41pm
Thanks... I haven't looked for the serial #s yet but could be a good source.
doc
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 8:48am
I know parts was twice as cheap getting them from the farm dealer than through fiat allis mine was a 1973 7gb my dad bought it at a auction sale didnt know it it had a busted block so we got that same engine out of a ac combine
docthomas View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:00am
Thanks,I'll remember that... but I think there are differences in the agricultural engine and the industrial "mine" engine... like the injector pump,bell housing,etc.
doc
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 10:27am
 A friend of mine has a very good motor 3500 for hd7gb and phone # 450-649-5297
GILLES BEAUREGARD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic