This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-19 front pump again?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-19 front pump again?
    Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 6:56pm
I have been watching the post I think from captain on this. Is the shaft supported by a bearing or just bolt to crank pulley? What about a flex or love-joy or is it direct mounted? Now for the big one-what about a flow divider to run the power steering? TIA Bill
Sponsored Links

Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 7:13pm
My D15 front pump was coupled with a set of cogs and a double chain. 
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 7:22pm
On the 175 front pump I have seen paperwork that tells of critical alignment spec's for that pump to last. I'm not sure how forgiving those other pumps are. I'm sure if things are not lined up well something's going to give [pump] after hours of running.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 7:37pm
The 170's and 175's (with front pumps) that had alignment issues were because some of the front support boxes were welded incorrectly from West Allis.. any D14-15-17-19 shouldn't ever have a problem.
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 10:27pm
The 170 and 175's had two couplings, splined at the front pulley and chain coupler at the pump.  One of mine started eating splines last year, I replaced it with a welded up unit from another tractor and it runs with less vibration than the loose spline. We will see how it does this year...if the pump goes, I have another in a box.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
bwp View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 11:46pm
On my D19 I made my own bracket and mounted an MTE pump. I tried the lovejoy couplings with bushings, but they are really not strong enough in my opinion. I eventually went with two sprockets coupled together with a double roller chain. Easy to take apart and strong. Also allows for minor misalignment. Dana's set up looks like the pump shaft slides into the square end of the driveshaft. Kinda like a square slip driveshaft I guess. Good luck.

Brad

captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 6:10am
Hey yall. I don't know the above terminology lol! The drive on the pump I got from Glenn is like a flex shaft, it may be just made of cable. It bolts 2 x to crank pulley and other end slips into pump with a keyway. Smoothest thing I ever saw.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic