This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers Pre Cleaner Assembly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenney58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers Pre Cleaner Assembly
    Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 5:05pm
I recently purchased an Allis 175 and it did not have the pre cleaner assembly on it. Went to a local Allis dealer and was able to buy the complete cleaner bowl new. However I am unable to locate the tube assembly that attached to the top of the breather, went thru the hood, with a flange that mounts onto the hood and then extended up for the bowl to attach to. The local Allis dealer informed me that the tube is no longer available from a dealer.

So, I have spent the past few days contacting salvage yards, but with no luck.

I did locate a 190, not turbored, and it looked to fit, but the salvage dealer did not want to part with it as he wants to sell the complete tractor.

Does any one out there have one or can tell me to where I can actually locate the tube?
Thanks
Kenney58     kenney@netins.net

P.S.   If any one ever needs a tractor hauled or an auto, then use the person whom I did to bring me my tractor,  jbrownindiana, He done me a great job.
Sponsored Links

cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 6:19pm
Kenny, do you really need a precleaner ? Had a 185 years ago that didn't have one. It was our planter tractor. Just cleaned the filter once a day when it was really dusty and never had any problems.
kenney58 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenney58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 6:39pm
Since it has had one before I purchased it, which leaves the knock out in the hood gone and the breather inlet directly under it to catch rain water, I feel it would be better if I installed one back on it.
Theerfore I went ahead and bought a new cleaner bowl for it.
I only need the pipe for it now.
Thanks for your info.   
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 6:54pm
 I'm with you on that. I wouldn't like having to look at that hole all the time..
N6PETE View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N6PETE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 7:23pm
I got one for my 190XT off a 7000 AC. I think any 7000/10/20 with the 301 motor will work. The 426 tubes were larger.
Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 7:23pm

You may try Colfax Tractor 800-284-3001.  Colfax, Ia is located just east of Des Moines, IA off of I80.  I don't know where you are in Missouri?  Too fare of a drive probably?  The last time I needed something like this intake pipe, I called them and they shipped it UPS.  Sure saves on fuel.

Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 7:27pm
Did you check EBay?, I thought I saw one there a few weeks ago.
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 7:48pm
Terrys Implement in Gallatin, Mo has a salvage yard. I get parts for my tractors there but I dont know how many 100 series they have.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 9:43pm
The ones for a 301 are a larger diameter I think...
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Bill Deppe/AC Salvag View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Deppe/AC Salvag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 8:43am
Have produce some by using exhaust pipe stock, made the flat round base, both sides, and flex hose.
Andrew(southernIL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 8:56am
Wish we had one too, my grandpa bought our 175 tractor in the early mid 70s and it has never had one but the hole is there and it does sit outside a lot. Never had any trouble with it and actually don't clean the filter that often either but still wish it had one. So if find where to get one let me know.
If fishing is a sport your looking at an athlete
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 9:15am
If you have the metal parts of the bowl the rest would be easy to make and make it look original. When you say you bought the complete bowl what do you mean? 

Edited by Lonn - 18 Mar 2011 at 9:17am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 1:19pm
how much the plastic bowl cost you? i need one for my 190
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:06pm
I've got  a NOS pipe.....make me an offer I can't refuse!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
kenney58 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenney58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:27pm
Are you able to send me a picture of it?

What is your zip so I can get a shipping cost determined, so that I can offer you tops for it?

What is it off from?

Kenney 
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:47pm
Sent a PM with pic.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
kenney58 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenney58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 6:38am
I believe the bowl, new, as I ordered it thru a local agco dealer was like $89.00. It even included the clamp. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic