This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'C' info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'C' info
    Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 2:50pm
How do you engage the PTO on a C?  There are two levers on the right hand side.  I assume one is for the PTO and the other to raise/lower the hydraulics. Clutch in and then out?  The mower deck doesn't want to lift.  How do you check to fluid level on it? How do you fill it?  I got an operators manual, but it doesn't tell you.  It just says to do it.
What does the hand-crank look like?  How is it held in place? 

It seems to have an after market seat.  It is similar to a WD type.  Is the original supposed to be a bench seat?  Anyone have any pics for ANY of this?

I'll have more questions as the year passes and I get into it.

Thanks ahead of time, Ted
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:04pm
Yes it had a bench seat. It sounds like your has a Monroe seat.
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
Denis in MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis in MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:12pm
PTO has to run for the hydraulics to work and it uses fluid from the trans/rear end
1938 B, 1945 B, 1941 IB, 1949 C, 2 1938 WCs, 3 1950 WDs, 1951 WD, 2 1955 WD45, 1957 D-14
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:25pm
Follow the yellow brick road. The lever closest to the seat will enter the power take off housing. That engages the power take off. 
The next lever over will attach to the hydraluic valve. The will raise and lower a one way hydraulic cylinder. 
GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 5:54pm
You check/add fluid on the left side just under your left foot when setting on the tractor. Most of us now use universal transhyrdaulic fluid as 20W non detergent is difficult to come by.
What this country needs is more unemployed politicians-and lawyers.
Currently have: 1 D14 and a D15S2.
With new owners: 2Bs,9CAs,1WD,2 D12s,5D14s,3D15S2s, 2D17SIVs,D17D,1D19D;1 Unstyled WC
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 6:49pm
Ted put the clutch in and pull out the closest lever. Let the clutch out. That will start the pump. Pull the other one and the deck should raise up.  I think yours is like mine my mower is running when I lift lower the deck because it all runs from the pump. Hope I got that right because mine is new to me also.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:35pm
Thanks all, I'll give it a try.  I'm guessing though, after I get the mower deck up, and the PTO is in the hold position, I CAN SHUT THE PTO OFF??  And the deck will stay up?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Wes (VA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes (VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:17pm
the HYD. lever in hold position..yep it should stay up without PTO running.  -Wes
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:18pm
Yes, it SHOULD if it is working properly. If it lowers when the PTO is off something is not operating correctly. You must have the hydraulic lever in the hold position though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic