This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

another update on WD with picker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: another update on WD with picker
    Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 11:34am
Well, the other night I just HAD to put the snouts up to the tractor to see what she will look like, so here she is.

You will notice that the colors definetly are not the same. I did also notice that the snouts, and the side sheilds have been painted again at some point by the last owner. What would you do? Repaint the snouts to match the tractor? Or just run her? I think I will at least re-paint the side sheilds and the front grill screen, and air breather cap.

Edited by Don(MI) - 26 Feb 2011 at 11:34am
Sponsored Links

Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 11:44am
Looks great, Don! Painting......that a judgement call. I'd leave it the way it is myself just because the wear marks show a lot of character. Either way, keep us posted! BTW, how did you get the spaces between your pics? I've been having a lot of trouble posting them all around lately. Chad
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 11:50am

Chad, after you paste the image code in your post, hit the ENTER button. That will slide your blinking cursor down the post.

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 1:42pm
my 2 cents if you paint or not, do something to protect from rust.
abbaschild95 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbaschild95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 2:18pm
i say paint. thats a good looking WD. it would just look more classy. plus it would protect from the rust.
Great-granfather's WC---- hopefully many more to come!
kffischer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kffischer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 4:56pm
Maybe clear paint would work to protect the bare spots yet preserve the character?
karl f
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 5:15pm
Brings back memories, took one day to get the wd ready, then Dad would drive the tractor 10 miles (picker was stored in Grandma's garage) to put the picker on.  There was no rest on the weekends, I hauled while Dad run the picker. 
Can you imagine how much ear corn you would have to haul these days  with 200 + bushels per acre? 
Dennis
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 7:07pm
I found a bunch of 2 row corn picker Dealer Parts Manuals in my pile of manuals. There is books for pickers from WC/WD to the D series. I'd sell them for $5 each +shipping.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic