This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WC operators manual?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WC operators manual?
    Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 5:26am
Looking for operators manual that would cover proper operation of the, torque tube live power lift, shift lever.
clutch to disengage and engage or not, ect.

Thanks
Gary in Texas
Sponsored Links

Gary in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 2:55pm
OK, that didn't get any replys.
Can anyone explane the proper operation of the shift lever?
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 3:24pm
Gary, We are not ignoring you.  I have a 1937 WC Operators manual which covers very little of which you speak.  I take it you know how to use the transmission shift lever, so I am assuming that you are talking about the little lever behind the mechanical lift mechanism.  By the torque tube live power lift, I assume you are talking about the "cultivator lift".  That was an option and not covered in the operator's manual but is illustrated in the parts listing.  (lots of help, I Know)  As I remember, you push on the petal attached to the lift mechanism and it allows the drum to go around once and lifts a chain attached to the cultivators.  Push it again and it drops the cultivators.  The early WC's would get the cultivators jammed up or part way up and the only way to release them was to turn the tractor off, jack up one rear wheel and turn it backward to release the cultivator.  This being a problem, AC put a slide coupler attached to a little handle with a round knob on it between the lift and the rear end.  I think you have to have the clutch in or the motor off to use that.  I have to look again, but i don't think that lift was "live".      Some times you can't get a reply, but you can always get corrections to your answers.  You should get a long thread now.   Dave

PS  I found out both a light lift and a heavy lift were available.  I didn't know that before
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 4:37pm
I think I understand the lift, Yes I am talking about the lever behind the lift. I thought it may have been for the rotobaler, to keep the PTO going while it tied the bale, or something like that.  But thought you had to at lest use the clutch to put it back in gear, but didn't know about slipping it out of gear.
skipwelte View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipwelte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 4:43pm
Yes, the second lever was the differential disconnect, by moveing the lever it disconnected the differential from the input shaft.  You could let the clutch out, shift the trans to any gear and make the cult lift or the belt pully run.     Like Dave was saying on the tractors without disconnect if you could not move forward then you could not raise the cultivator out of the ground.   HTH
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 5:19pm
Skip, I understand that.  But do you need to use the clutch to move the lever into and out of connection? Or can you disconnect with out pushing the clutch???
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 7:04pm
If you don't stop before moving the lever, you'll be putting a new pinion shaft in soon.
I'll post you the little bit the owners manual tells about it as soon as I get through loading show pictures
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 7:19pm
I figured you would need to stop and push in the clutch to engage the differential, but didn't know about disengaging it.
Look forward to what the manual says.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 7:44pm
Dave, That is one of the best explinations I have heard concerning the differentual clutch and the power lift. Always learn something here since I did not know there was a light and heavy lift available.Yes, you had to disengage the clutch to engage and disengage it.
Before the WD came out the roto bailer was available.  One of the uses of the differentual clutch was to allow the PTO to run to tie the bail without taking the tractor out of gear.  In fact, one individual had a longer lever welded on the differentual clutch handle so that he did not have to bend over to shift it.  Worked well.
By the way that WC and the Roto Bailer he could turn out about 8 bales a minute.  Not bad.
Good Luck!
Bill Long 
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 9:27pm
If you ever ran up a on fence row  while cult. with a WC you where lucky to have that disengage lever or else you could not lift the cult with out jacking up rear of  tractor ,LMAO
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 10:00pm
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 4:05am
JoeM
Thank You for the extract from the manual.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic