This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This Don't Look Right?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This Don't Look Right?
    Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 4:56pm
I hope he doesn't plan on stopping.

Sponsored Links

Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 5:12pm
What about this Claus??
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 5:19pm
Hears a few people that put too mouch

Just becuase you can, does not mean you should!

Sometimes common sense is thrown out the window and loaded on the top of a car.

I never realized chevy put a luggage rack on the trunk for this reason, always thought they were so tacky.

Can't rent a Semi? No problem, my truck is the swiss army knife of all trucks!

Ok is this even worth hauling?

Least we are underweight, boy those turns are tricky, mirrors are underrated.

Think the wife past out in the passenger seat arguing with her husband about this little problem. Guess he is sleeping on the couch if they make it out the parking lot!

That is one way to "Git er done!"

The family reunion was going to be on a boat, oh well least they got to reunite, untill turn two where they loose half thier stuff and family!
weight on there cars/trucks!
In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 5:21pm
And all that weight betting on electric brakes. The DOT would have a field day with that joker.
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 5:27pm
I  hauled my WD45 15 miles down the dirt road with a 1996 Chevy S10 Blazer on a 16X6 tandem axle trailer. Blazer handled it quite well.
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 5:30pm
How bout this load?
 (sorry, couldn't help it! hahaha)

Edited by Don(MI) - 03 Feb 2011 at 5:31pm
Chris (swIA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris (swIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 5:33pm
I know a guy that hauls his 210 to shows on a 12000 pound trailer with a Dodge 3/4 ton but this is crazy.
David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Don(MI) Don(MI) wrote:

How bout this load?
 (sorry, couldn't help it! hahaha)
This reminds me of the beginning of Stroker Ace! LOL

Edited by David Gibson (OH) - 03 Feb 2011 at 5:41pm
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 7:08pm
As long as were posting stupid stuff here's one.

Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 7:32pm
If you've modified your 1990s Grand Am so that your prized bull can ride shot gun.......

You might be a Red-Neck!

Great pictures!

1954 WD45 NF "Iron Tater"
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Claus Claus wrote:

I hope he doesn't plan on stopping.

Actually, depending on the axle ratings on the trailer, That may be perfectly legal with a 25,000 Lb. tractor.

Edited by Rfdeere - 03 Feb 2011 at 9:01pm
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 11:56pm
Well if you have ever taken a wheel off of a Dodge you know they are built to haul it....can't figure out why he has a block in front of the rear wheel, tho....maybe his parking brake isn't working LOL! If he is in MN, SD or IA good luck with the DOT....
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 12:13am
Ive hauled worse than the Deere. The pic I put up earlier is my truck and the black trailer. Im like a priorty mail flat rate box..... If it fits it ships! The bin was 27' wide, 17' tall and the truck and trailer is 53' long. Ya cant be scared! Actually with good brakes on the trailer I can stop quicker loaded with 20k+ than I can empty. I wouldnt be scared to haul that on any trailer of mine. If it didnt have fluid in the tires and any weights, Il bet it only weighs about 16k. Yea its an ugly looking load but nothing to worry about.
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 12:16am
I would haul the JD before I would split wood with the 14t.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 1:01am
well...now...i can relate to some of this!! i pulled a whole grain bin on a donahue trailer behind my hearse one sunday from gretna,ne to uh...well north of omaha,ne! and i drove a straight truck mounted inside a 30x50 ft building down the road one day, at each intersection i had to jump outta the truck and run outside to see if anything was coming, then i'd run back in, jump in the truck and take off again! had to wire the sliding doors open so i could see out ahead of me! whew! i did git stopped by a deputy sheriff, cuz he was on a road a mile west and each time he looked in my direction, he'd see the same building! lol  well he let me go but was shaking his head when he left!! lol  whew! 
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 6:58am
I dont see a problem with the Deere on the trailer. It is being hauled to the JUNKYARD!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
rob(ont) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob(ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 12:42pm
Shameless, can you imagine the conversation between the occifer and dispatch? Ahh,  deputy, you are being followed by WHAT??
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 7:51pm
An IH TD 340 crawler w/ a 4 way bucket & backhoe on a 7000# car hauler behind a 89 Dodge 1/2 ton, makes quite a load. but gets the job done.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 10:05pm
I hauled an 18' diameter grain bin about 10 miles on my NH 1049 bale wagon.  I took the sides off and built a kind of carriage.  Raised the rear table up and backed under the bin.  Put a 4" wide cargo strap around it.  (also made an X of steel tube inside to keep the bin round) Tilted the table up about 3/4 of the way and headed down the road part of the way was 4 lane part was 2 lane.  Passed a couple cops going the other way, they may have figured it would just be too much paperwork or too close to shift change.  Had to drive about 1/4 mile the wrong way on a 4 lane but there wasn't much traffic.  I also moved 4 1000 bu bins, only 12' wide, the furthest was 20 miles.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 1:17am
bet ya'll never seen a hearse...with a trailer hitch before!! that was about the best farm truck i ever had, cept it wasn't a 4x4!! lol
swit View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 5:36am
like that if it fits it ships moved a 21by26 garage with a goose next trailer pulled by a ford 1 ton power stroke
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 6:46am
Shameless, A hearse with a trailer hitch.... Is that for the guy who wants to take it all with him when he goes?

Edited by Greg (Hillsboro, OH) - 05 Feb 2011 at 6:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic