This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 190 3 pt. question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 190 3 pt. question
    Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 12:54am
Hello... I'm new to the forum and just need some insight.  I bought a 190xt to use for 3 things... box blading the driveway, snowblowing, and lifting round bales with the loader.  I just got an older model Loftness snowblower and put on the tractor and noticed that it lifts it up off the ground with authority... but lets it back down in about 5-7 seconds.  The hyd. pump was rebuilt before I bought the tractor.  They split the case and put a clutch in too.  Is there an adjustment I'm not familiar with maybe??  Thanks for the sight... and I look forward to being an active member.  TT in Cosmo, MN.
Sponsored Links

skipwelte View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipwelte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 11:40am
I would say the feedback linkage from the hitch to the hyd valve is either way out of adjusment or missing.  Sounds like the control valve is not getting the message as to where the three point arms are.  Try moveing the traction booster and positon control levers to the upper postion and see if that helps.  HTH
crash63 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 12:40am
Thanks for the reply... but I'm pretty new to the Allis community, so I don't have a clue where the control valve is... plus, the only linkage I saw was a little round lever on the right side of the 3 pt. up high that looks like you stick a tire iron in it and pump it.  Don't know what that is either.  Might you know what this linkage looks like or connects to??  Thanks again!!
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 6:39am
Originally posted by crash63 crash63 wrote:

Thanks for the reply... but I'm pretty new to the Allis community, so I don't have a clue where the control valve is... plus, the only linkage I saw was a little round lever on the right side of the 3 pt. up high that looks like you stick a tire iron in it and pump it.  Don't know what that is either.  Might you know what this linkage looks like or connects to??  Thanks again!!

Thats the lever you use lift or lower the 3-point to help hook up to equipment without getting on and off the tractor. Pretty much all new larger tractors have this feature but electronic now. You don't pump the lever but you do use a tire iron or something like that to move it. Usually no one even knows they are there so most are frozen up. Once again Allis was ahead of most others with this feature.

The control valve is under the right hand side of the operators platform.

Edited by Lonn - 28 Jan 2011 at 6:41am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
crash63 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 11:33pm
Sweeeeeet... so I can use that to put on & take off my snow blower.  I like it.... but that still leaves me clueless about what sort of linkage would give the control valve a positional feedback for hitch location.  That very well could be my problem.  Would someone know where to look or have some insight on it's shape/function??  Thx!!
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 7:13am
The lever for controlling 3 pt up and down has a fourth spot, there is up, hold, slow down( this is what you use for traction booster) and if you push the lever all the way toward the front of the tractor, the lift arms should go down  very quick with a load on them. Also make sure the traction booster levers( the 2 levers at the back of the controle consel, next to fuel tank) are all the way down toward the floor. If you don't have any text left on the cover plate you may not know about the last detent on the 3 pt contole lever. If you did then disreguard. Good luck.
Leon B MO  
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 11:33am
Leon has it right, T T. That was what I was thinking to do. Make sure that the two levers on the back are all the way down toward the floor. Then when you push the hydraulic lever all the way forward, you arms "should" drop quick with your blower.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 12:46pm
I learned a little from this post as well. I didn't know that linkage was there to control the lift arms from the rear of the tractor. I went out and looked at my old snap coupler hitch one-ninety, and it even has it on it. Allis was ahead of the pack on that. Darrel
crash63 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 2:49pm
Hey gents...  just went out and blew out my drive with the blower.  I had both levers up about 1/4 of the way, put them down all the way, and it made a big difference.... .but it still sags after in about 10 sec. now.  It almost holds but not quite.  Any other idea's??  Maybe I just need an adjustment on the valve now... but not sure how to do that either.  It's getting better though!  Thx!!
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 4:26pm
If it leaks down that fast, the 3pt valve section must need replaced.  On the early tractors there is a valve on the front of 3pt valve with a role pin through it. If that valve was ever turned the 3pt would never stay up again. Some times you could tighten it and peck on the end with a hammer a few times it would help.  MACK
TinyTim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinyTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 8:04pm
Hi 
New here new problem lol The 3 point hitch stays up I have to push the lever forward while some one pushes down on the hitch and then it goes down if I then leave the tractor running it goes all the way back up even on float, or down but it will go up. Any ideas?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 8:32pm
When there isn't a load on the hitch, with cold oil (less than 140 degrees) or a dirty hydraulic filter and/or higher engine RPM's, the hitch WILL GO UP slowly. If there is something mounted on the hitch this doesn't happen. Hang something on the hitch and report back. Assuming this is a 190 tractor, BOTH REAR LEVERS MUST BE DOWN ALL THE WAY.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by TinyTim TinyTim wrote:

Hi 
New here new problem lol The 3 point hitch stays up I have to push the lever forward while some one pushes down on the hitch and then it goes down if I then leave the tractor running it goes all the way back up even on float, or down but it will go up. Any ideas?

Traction booster linkage is seized up and it putting pressure on the traction booster valve.  There are some pivot points under the operator's platform that should move freely by hand.  If they don't, you will have these problems.  Go under the right side and make sure these pivots move freely.  The valve itself might also be sticking, but with my experiences, it's the linkage 90 percent of the time.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
TinyTim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinyTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 11:31am
Thanks, well won't know for sure because the other day while trying to tilt the bucket back with a round bale on it and the bottom of the 3 point hitch valve blew out so no i got a new one and putting it in, will repost after new valve is installed. there is an adjustment for pressure on the valve. was wondering which way to turn it to increase or decrease it before I go messing with it as it is a used valve I think it is probably already set but we'll see.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic