This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

snow plow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordf350dually Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: snow plow
    Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 1:37pm
im working on setting up a chevy s10 plow on the front of my wd. i have a cylinder and everything i need just gotta do a bit of welding. long sorry short how much wieght should i add 2 make it hook up. i have chains for it and rear wheel wieghts. i also have my suit case wieghts for pulling. should i throw those on the back or would i be on the way i am. also has no fluid in the tires
Sponsored Links

Mike(SEIN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike(SEIN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 3:12pm
If you try to roll the snow to one side ,you'll need plenty of weight up front to keep the front wheels from sliding the oposite direction also weight and chains in back for traction.
JM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 4:55pm
Mike is correct, if you try to angle off the side it takes a lot to hold the front end in a straight line. I have chains with bitters on the front and back of my garden tractor, big difference. I would push from the back, hook it to the hitch or at the rear of the frame where it hooks to the axle housing. Might be better to just push straight. My granda made a crude push blade for his manuare loader, took the bucket off and made brackets to hold some big oak boards. Thats all he ever used to move snow.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 4:57pm
I have a 7ft meyers on a wd-45. I have fluid in the rears and aggressive chains. No weight on front but it does slide a lot. Have to have something on the front.  Make sure your mount is plenty sturdy. Mike
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Matt MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 6:00pm
when pushing snow you can never have too much traction. Put the weight on
Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!
JohnThomas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 6:23pm
That's just what I plan on doing this summer for my WD..Please post pics so we can all see your setup. And yes..plenty of weight, especially if you plow a lot of deep snow. With a Meyers.... if you hook it up with the  hydraulics like was on the Chevy  it will be a sweet setup. Main push frame should go at least 2/3 way back under tractor.
I plan on a back blade on mine also..filled tires...and 200# of suitcase weights on front bolster bracket. I did this long ago with another WD and ribbed tires on front and it worked real well. I might add we usually got 150 to over 200 inches of snow so....figger from that.

Edited by JohnThomas - 26 Jan 2011 at 6:23pm
Life is short...Make haste to be kind
Burnt Orange View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burnt Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:13pm
I have a 53 Wd with loaded rears and a #9 loader that weighs probably 400 ILBS more than it shoud.Been welded on for 50 years it is tough to look at but strong.Have a Bronco II plow and harness on the loader sticks out  4 feet,like new 3 rib tires out front.When we have 2 foot of fresh snow I can move it in 3rd gear with the blade on a full angle no problem.If I get lasey and let it freeze I am done.Have to get the Neighbor and cut one path with his Kabota then We can move it.The front tires will still slide if  you take it too fast then its stuck.:Brian
fordf350dually View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordf350dually Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:01pm
well im goin 2 use a pin 2 angle it for now because i have spent 50 bucks on my whole seut includeing the blade and brackets. when i get somecash the plower angle setup will come. ill try and post pics. but i have a 2550 john deere with a loader and push blade on the back for heavy snow. grandfather lets me use that or the powerstroke. i just wanted  2 do this because it was cheap 2do.as for wieght i have 600 #s of ih suitcase wieghts and some skid loader weights . so ill spread them out. i got 6 sets of chains for 50 bucks  and i wanna put a my back blade on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic