This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow In Missouri!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow In Missouri!
    Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 6:43am
Well...we finally got some pretty measurable snow here in central Missouri overnight! We got roughly 10-12" here in Jonesburg,with 1-3" more coming! Don(Mo)...how are you doing in Bates City there ol' buddy? Bet ya' ain't out planting corn today...are you? LMAO!  Rick
Sponsored Links

Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 7:52am
Rick - looks to be about 6-7 inches here in  west St. Louis county.  Close to 9 inches at the airport and some spots in the metro area are the 10-12" range like you.  Went to the farm with Lucas last weekend to "play" in the snow.   This weekend would have been much better but it's Cub Scout Pinewood derby race time on Saturday then a BB game for Lucas after that then a birthday party for him to go to on Sunday...I swear I'll never get to play with my snowblower on the One-Eighty in some REAL snow, LOL!  Mike
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 11:05am
I watched that storm kind of drop down from the Dakotas across east Nebraska and kind of spin around clipping the southern edge of Ia. After the last 3 winters, it's someone else's turn for the dumpings...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 11:18am
Yeah,but Brian,you guys should be used to this white stuff up there! LOL! Heck,it doesn't snow at all around here like it used to! I think the weather guy said that this is the most snow we've had since 1993,so I guess we can handle some of it.  Rick
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 11:26am
At least it was consistant, about 9" here South of KC, two steps from the front porch to the walk, looked like a snow ramp.  It was so light I used a push broom.
I mentioned at the supper table that we were going to plant tomatoes this week, one of the 10yr old twin girls asked, "should you have done that before it snowed."
Maximum use of available resources!
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 6:34pm
maybe this will do it. lol

Edited by Don(MO) - 20 Jan 2011 at 7:00pm
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Don(MO) Don(MO) wrote:

Hey Rick, I'm still here. We got the same as Wendell got, Mike if the snow at your farm is like what we got here the wind will blow at all off the lane. lol
We are going to get it again Sat night 4" to 6" on top of the 8"+ we have now. Have I said just how bad I hate SNOW. The danged old white stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's a shot of Dads get around car and the grill.
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 6:40pm
Boys I don't know what I did but this is not what I thought tried to do. LMAO
Don

Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 6:44pm
Actually Don...you got it pretty light compared to what you normally get and what we got between last night and today here. The people at the weather station must have guesstimated how much snow we got,because they said we got 9.7" of snow,which is about 3" shy of what we actually got! They're the folks that can actually be wrong with predictions most of the time and still get paid good money for being wrong! LOL! I thought about putting the blade on the 170 or 180,but figured why do all that work when Mother Nature would take care of things in time! LMAO!  Rick
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 6:58pm
The snow around here is not going to melt for a week or two, The temp is going down to -2* tonight. burrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! lol

JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 7:19pm
The boy and I tried for an hour or so to get the blade mounted on the G so he could push snow with me.  Since I've never been around one of these things more than an hour and everything that came with it was in a pile we made considerable progress.  By progress I mean that we got all the parts in the general location but couldn't get it all to go together.  Considering we were running out of daylight and the headlight was still in the pile we gave up and used the uniloader tonight to dig out the wife and neighbors.  Neighbors tolerate all my equipment because in the winter, their hobbies can't dig them out.
Maximum use of available resources!
Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 7:30pm
Over here just north of Edwardsville, Il. we got about 10". There are saying another storm on sunday may bring more again. I dont know how you folks up north deal with this snow!! I'm ready for spring. These gardening seed catalogs are getting me antsy. Ryan
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 7:33pm
Ryan...I'm with you there buddy! When I was a kid I loved the snow (probably didn't know any better),but now all I want is warm days,because the old bones ache! LOL! Only thing I can say is that spring IS getting closer every day!  Rick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic