This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roughstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow for sale
    Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 5:25pm
Perhaps I should call my property a snow farm since I have been "harvesting" so much lately. We had absolutely no snow on January 1st after a melt off. Here are pictures of my snow bank today. This is my big snow bank, about half of what I have plowed.

I love having a tractor! Snow removal used to take me hours with my Wheelhorse with a snow blower.

Brian

Edited by roughstock - 18 Jan 2011 at 5:28pm
Sponsored Links

acwdwcman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwdwcman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 5:35pm
ill buy the snow. there isnt enough snow down here. lol
wd with a freeman model 90 trip loader, wd45, 38 unstylled wc, b 10 garden tractor and 2-14 ac trip plow. grandpa has a 56 wd45. wd. allis chalmers snap coupler blade and 3 bottom snap coupler plow
dannyraddatz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyraddatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 5:42pm
Brian,
Is that a A.C. plow on your set up, I have some questions about the set up. Please call me @ 708-275-6820.
Thanks,
Danny
Danny Raddatz
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:05pm
I brought a whole suitcase full of snow with me from Green Bay to Arizona this past weekend. Not only did some unscrupulous rascal steal every bit going through the airport, but I think he peed all over my suitcase as well. He wasn't happy just stealing the snow! 
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:14pm
Brian I had an identical loader on my old WD back in the day. Do you know that loader make and model? Thanks, Dana
roughstock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roughstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:22pm
The loader is a Freeman Model 6. The plow blade came with the tractor and loader along with a manure bucket.

Brian
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:35pm
wait for spring times I'll trade you 10 ton of boulders for 1 ton snow. I will not have time to pick it up until July
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
chevytaHOE5674 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chevytaHOE5674 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:51pm
Move north where it really snows and that pile would be 10x that size. hahaha
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roughstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:27pm
Here is the plow setup for those who are wondering. The make of the plow is unknown but assumed to be a Freeman since it fits my Freeman loader.

There is a rubber strip sandwiched between the plow blade and a bolted on scraper blade. This plow is heavy!

The angle iron and flat stock were added to keep the plow from folding back.

The plow came with springs that connected to the top of the plow (red circle)  and to welded on bolts on the side of the loader arms (blue circle). The problem is, when plowing, the plow wanted to flop forward. I chain the plow to the loader instead. This works a lot better.

Here is the view from the back.

If anyone knows any info on the make or model of this plow, it would be appreciated. I was considering selling it last fall because I couldn't get traction since it was so heavy. I got some tire chains and now I am glad I kept it.

Brian
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 10:43am
Nice description and pics Brian!!  Good job.  In the second pic, that is one heck of a LONG exhaust extension!!  LOL
Now I can build one from scratch.  Any idea how much it weighs?  It doesn't look that heavy.  Thanks...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Jamie (KY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie (KY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 12:18pm
I'll buy the snow but you'd have to deliver it. I will put it on the neighbors yards and driveways so they'll shut up about wanting it to snow. I'll leave my driveway and the highways alone.

In my area of KY, our average for the year in snow fall is about 10 inches. We've already passed that this year and it's only mid January! I'm already sick of this stuff. I'm soooo ready for Spring!
Just when I thought I was finishing my "honey-do-list", she turned the page!!!
nowversatile View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nowversatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 12:26pm
Maybe should call the "sex starved poodle" Algore, with his global warming, it might melt faster - or his hot air!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roughstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 7:24pm
Ted, I don't know how much it weighs exactly, but it take two men grunting to lift it and carry it anywhere. The scraper blade is half inch thick steel.

Chevytahoe, You Uppers get my respect. I like snow, but only to a certain extent.

Nowversatile- that would be a very convenient use for Al.

Jamie- The snow is being delivered, look for it around April in the form of rain.
Jamie (KY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie (KY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 10:46pm
It may be delivered sooner than that. They're calling for 3-5" starting tomorrow about mid-day for where I live. Now, if I can just figure out how to get it to hit everywhere but my driveway and highways???
Just when I thought I was finishing my "honey-do-list", she turned the page!!!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 11:23pm
Brian,
I was wondering when I saw your first pics where the springs were for the blade. Your set up will work fine as long as you are on smooth flat surface. Use that on a gravel driveway like mine and you will learn what a fat lip feels like LOL The springs are to do just what you said they were doing, allow the blade to flop forward when it catches on something. If yours was doing is on smooth flat surface, the springs probably were not stiff enough. Anyhow, just be careful on uneven surfaces w/o those springs......don't ask how I know

I have a loader and blade set up just like yours, blade came from a pick up snow plow. My loader looks just like yours, but mines says W9 on it (Freeman). Probably later model
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
dannyraddatz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyraddatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 5:45am
Lou,
Do you have pictures of your set up, after reading the posting coverting a western or meyers  plow may be best for  me and the tractor. If you can post smoe it would be great.
Thanks,
Danny
Danny Raddatz
OrangeKiwi(NZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 10:08pm
I'll buy some of your snow too but you would have to include free shipping
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 8:20am
Originally posted by dannyraddatz dannyraddatz wrote:

Lou,
Do you have pictures of your set up, after reading the posting coverting a western or meyers  plow may be best for  me and the tractor. If you can post smoe it would be great.
Thanks,
Danny
Danny,
I tried to send you a PM, but your box is full
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic