This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 question
    Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 2:40pm
Did WD45's have an hour meter? Was it standard or an option? TIA, Dave
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
Sponsored Links

Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 2:52pm
I have a older hour meter for sale if interested, it looks somewhat similar to ones I've seeen posted on forum previously. I cannot be sure if it is AC equiptment or not. Not even sure if it works for that matter!
RonM View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 3:05pm
Dad had one on his.
I believe it was a Hobbs aftermarket put on by the dealer.
Just hours, not a tach.
More like a 6V electric clock that came on when the key was on.
David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 3:11pm
Mine is just the meter also. It's mounted below the gas tank on the right side across from the traction booster guage. I was wondering because an Allis friend of mine said he never saw one on a WD45.
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
Jason(OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 4:11pm
My dad's WD45D had a Hobbs hour meter on it when he bought it. It was electric, but was powered by a sending unit piped into the oil line on the bottom of the oil filter base. I beleive it was an aftermarket item.  I have seen others on gas tractors that run as long as the key is on, but this is the first one that I have seen on a diesel. The sending unit on my dad's still worked, but, unfortunatly, the guage did not work.
OrangePowerGA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangePowerGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 5:21pm
As far as I know there was never a AC hour meter, only after market.
AC - WD
JD - 650
j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 7:15pm
you are very right orange power,we had 4 of them on the farm and they did not come with an hour meter....
Roger SEWI View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger SEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 8:16pm
I have a ib with a hour meter, horn,cab and a electric wiper. I forgot,it also has a heater might hav all Ben installed by dealer.
Roger SEWI
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 8:55pm
I believe the first "factory optional" hour speed meter - operation meter - on an Allis Chalmers was an option on the D-14.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 10:56pm
Roger, I took the liberty of posting a couple of pics of your IB under another post from today entitled B cab
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic