This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PTO for HD5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHanson907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PTO for HD5
    Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 12:16am
Looking for a bolt on PTO unit for my HD5.  My AC HD5 manual shows these were available once upon a time.  Has anyone seen one and/or know where I can get one?
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 1:32pm
They are driven from a extension on the main-shaft of trany. Seen them in the manual but never on machine. Would be similar to cable drum drive used on HD6
 Then with counterweights on 5 there would be no place of PTO

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 03 Jan 2011 at 1:33pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
everett048 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everett048 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 1:12pm

There is a p t o on ebay not sure what Allis it fits but is n o s ???  6 bolt fixing item no, 320638370626

chevytaHOE5674 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chevytaHOE5674 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by everett048 everett048 wrote:

There is a p t o on ebay not sure what Allis it fits but is n o s ???  6 bolt fixing item no, 320638370626

That is a belt pully...
everett048 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everett048 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 5:33pm
same difference
derekhopkins View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekhopkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 2:52am
i have a PTO.  You take the back plate off and it bolts in.  Unfortunately, I am in Austrlia so not much good to you.  I could send a photo if that would help.
JHanson907 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHanson907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 9:25pm
Derek - is this something you would like to sell?  If yes, a photo would be very nice.  Don't see the distance as an issue except for the cost of shipping, of course!  I am very interested in getting one.  This is my regular email address:  j.hanson32@yahoo.com
If you don't mind, please send picture to this email address.  Thanks for the note.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHanson907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 9:41pm
The belt pulley would slip over the PTO shaft, and may be something I could use (if I can get my hands on the PTO!).  I'm looking at it now.  Thanks for the heads up!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekhopkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 1:46am
a
A couple of photos of the HD5 PTO and the spot at the rear where it bolts It has its own oil supply and weights a ton!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekhopkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 12:30am
I saw a photo of the back of a HD5 with a PTO.  See here.
Now this looks like a straight through drive whereas mine has a reduction box.  You may need to investigate further depending on what speed you need.
MB54 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MB54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 9:01pm
I,m in Illinois and have a HD-5 PTO and accessories for sale.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHanson907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 9:36pm
I am interested.  How much are you asking and can you send me some pictures?  This is my regular email:  j.hanson32@yahoo.com

Thank you for the message! 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHanson907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 9:38pm
Derek - how are you?  Haven't heard anything for some time.  Are you still interested in parting w/ your PTO unit?  Does it appear to have a clutch or some other disconnect? 
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 8:15am
Looking at all the pics, it seems to me that a PTO drive would not be real hard to fabricate. Looks like a spline coupler, shaft w/spline end, carrier bearing and carrier bearing plate. One would need some dimensional data, no of splines and diameter, shaft length, etc.

What's not real clear to me is how/if PTO is disengaged.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 4:04pm
OK, looking through the parts manual, I believe the PTO that Derek shows first, is one of two PTO's for the HD5, and turns at 539 RPM w/clockwise or counterclockwise selectable. It should come (as shown in parts manual) with shift linkage to operators station.

The second post w/pic that Derek posted also shows as a PTO option, turns at 963 clockwise. I don't see any means of disengagement, appears to be direct drive. It looks like the power pulley, if used, is driven from this PTO shaft
This one seems to me should be possible to fabricate from a WD PTO shaft, or something like that, but may run too fast for use

Edited by LouSWPA - 13 Jun 2011 at 4:05pm
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 4:15pm
J  You have to consider what the PTO is to be used for, as Derek said the one he has looks as thought it reduces and reverses both speed and direction to that of a wheel tractor PTO  (540rpm CW), the next picture down, the output is engine ''RPM'' and ''CCW'' which is to fast and opposite that of  a wheel tractor PTO, but just what you need for a BeeGee pump and is disengaged with the master clutch . BTW the bolt pattern looks the same as D4 Cat but I am not certain.     Tad

Edited by Tad Wicks - 13 Jun 2011 at 4:19pm
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 7:48pm
By some miracle  the bolt pattern for mounting pto's and such were standardized  on AC Cat and IH crawler tractors.So pto from any other tractor make of similar size would bolt up but the drive shafts would be different lengths,and who knows what speed they would run at.Ray  
MB54 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MB54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 10:05pm
My pto I beleive is the same as the pto shown in the pictures, the gearbox type. I have the connecting spline shaft and the linkage, the shift lever mounts by the loader controls.It is stored in a freinds barn and I can't get to it for awhile to take a picture. I have your e-mail and will get back to you.thanks Not sure what it is worth.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic