This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A few of my homemade tractors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few of my homemade tractors
    Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 1:08pm
The black modle A ford ,I rebuilt out of a 3 wheeled corn detasler.
The rest are something I picked up here and there.

Sponsored Links

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 1:40pm
I had to study the fourth one down for awhile to understand just what was going on!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 2:41pm
That second one looks like a Farmall guy put it together. Richard, can I bring my trailer to your place some time? LOL  Charlie
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 3:07pm
Here's one I built in 1963.
6 HP Wisconsin engine.
'47 Plymouth rearend (narrowed).
'38 Chevy transmission.
'49 Ford steering box.
Seat off an old hay rake.
And........in keeping with the Allis-Chalmers
theme;  a model B steering wheel.
I built a snow plow, adapted a turning plow, built a set of
cultivators but never had a lawn mower; not enuf belly clearance.
I still have it sans the engine. I intend to put an 8 HP Briggs on
it and get her going again.
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 3:38pm
I found another one. This one was built from plans in Populer since or Mechantics illestrated, back in early 50's.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 9:20pm
Richard, it looks like that 4th one down had been sitting for at least a week or two before you got it. LOL! Course, those could be Chinaberry trees. Those things grow pretty fast. Sooo, can you tell us what the deal was with the tandemed Farmalls(look like old F-series anyways)is? Were they using both engines to drive the wheels, or did they have them split to run a PTO with one, and wheels with other?

That last one looks kinda similar to a Gravely Super-Convertible. I'd just like to come up some day and walk around. Bet i'd need a box of Kleenex to wipe off all the drool!LOL!
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 9:26pm
Brian, you ought to post a few pics of that tractor today. Looks like you're a pretty creative guy.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic